New Arcam AVR's

Good news! Dirac v2.5.2 is available. If it's as good as the beta version RC2, then I think most, if not all will like it.

Many thanks Dirac & Flavio. :thumbsup: :D

Well done steve, that curve you sent was lovely 👍

Glad to hear it helped. :thumbsup:

Remember that when you use V2.5, you'll need to use the curves that are appropriate for that release. They can be found on the same site.

Thanks steve will do 👍

Good news! Dirac v2.5.2 is available. If it's as good as the beta version RC2, then I think most, if not all will like it.

Many thanks Dirac & Flavio. :thumbsup: :D
Is it an incremental update, or are there significant features expected in this update?

My personal experience of having used the Beta version for the last 2-3 weeks is that it is a substantial improvement on previous versions.
Typical, just as i jumped ship from Arcam & Dirac :laugh:

I seriously doubt that an Arcam & Dirac will be any kind of a match for a Trinnov, Lyngdorf or Storm.
This is very true, and i must admit i'm loving the flexibility of the Trinnov, the Optimizer and speaker remapping is fantastic as is the numerous bass management options...... just the price :eek:

This is very true, and i must admit i'm loving the flexibility of the Trinnov, the Optimizer and speaker remapping is fantastic as is the numerous bass management options...... just the price :eek:

The price is a different discussion, that's for sure. As long as you are enjoying it though, that's all that really matters. :thumbsup:

Yes, but as a dealer said a while ago, the Trinnov could be the last processor you’ll ever need to buy as it is based on software DSP and a future-proof architecture

Glad to hear it helped. :thumbsup:

Remember that when you use V2.5, you'll need to use the curves that are appropriate for that release. They can be found on the same site.

Hi Steve

Would you mind sharing how to use the curves and where I can find it? Is it one curve for all speakers regardless of models?

Thanks

Look what came for me today...☺☺
20200409_170309.jpg

Mrs thinks I've completely lost the plot...🤣🤣

Being divorced and living on your own has it's advantages ;) :laugh:

I've done the Dirac setup before but am now fully updated on AVR30 to 1.22 and also the Dirac 2.5.2 and received my new miniDSP mic. Now, before I go through the measurements, I thought I'd ask the following: I am configured as 5.1 right now and instead of heights, using bi-amp for Fronts. It has sounded great but I can't figure out how to setup Dirac for this speaker configuration and how to measure. I would assume the best corrections would be by separating the fronts and having Dirac measure the responses indepenently. Has any one done this or know how to set it up?

I've done the Dirac setup before but am now fully updated on AVR30 to 1.22 and also the Dirac 2.5.2 and received my new miniDSP mic. Now, before I go through the measurements, I thought I'd ask the following: I am configured as 5.1 right now and instead of heights, using bi-amp for Fronts. It has sounded great but I can't figure out how to setup Dirac for this speaker configuration and how to measure. I would assume the best corrections would be by separating the fronts and having Dirac measure the responses indepenently. Has any one done this or know how to set it up?

No need for any separation. I've also experimented with this kind of set up with my FMJ AVR850. You just set it up as 5.1 and Dirac will do its stuff. It doesn't care whether you are bi-amping or not.

Hi Steve

Would you mind sharing how to use the curves and where I can find it? Is it one curve for all speakers regardless of models?

Thanks

I simply download the curves from the site Dirac Live 2. Make sure you download the ones for Dirac v2.5.2.

Next you load Dirac up and load your measurements. Once they are loaded and on your PC screen, load the Dirac Target Curves you want ( for example I currently use the Harman 6dB curves). Once all curves are loaded and filters applied, if needed, move the curtains to match the capability of your speakers. Save the new profile and load it into your AVR.

Once you have become familiar with the new version of Dirac on your unit, if you then want to tweak the curves a little more so as not to overboost any frequencies or load in different Harman Curves, it's easy enough to do.

Hope this helps.

Mines the same bi amped, just carry one it works its self out.

Mines the same bi amped, just carry one it works its self out.
Thanks. I'll do it that way but can't help to think that it would be more accurate if each front was treated as two speakers as the responses for each part should be different.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom