New Arris 2tb 4k box only showing 2 tuners on wide band connection

ADAMFOULKES

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all.
I have bought the above box and connected to 2 cables that previously served a sky q box.
I went through the set up but only 2 tuners are displayed and not the advertised four.
I had a hybrid lnb installed from sky as I didn't want to be left with no satellite if I ever cancelled Sky.

Why am I not seeing four tuners? Can anyone advise?

I tried to do a system update but there is no option for it in the settings now.
Thanks in advance,
Adam

Have you tried recording multiple channels? Even sky Q doesn't tell you how many tuners it has it just obviously works.Have you connected it to the Internet? A few routine things of checking things can rule out any potential problems.Go on the Arris website and look for the information.

The Arris won't work in wideband mode with the early hybrid LNBs which are auto switching on all outputs. The later wideband LNBs with dedicated wideband outputs are OK.

Have you tried recording multiple channels? Even sky Q doesn't tell you how many tuners it has it just obviously works.Have you connected it to the Internet? A few routine things of checking things can rule out any potential problems.Go on the Arris website and look for the information.
I haven't tried recording 4 programmes as yet. I will do. Thanks for your help. yet

Let us know how you get on.

Just to confirm, the box does indeed record 4 channels at the same time. I don't know why I just didn't try it before posting. It least you know it works now. Thanks to DTS for the suggestion :)

Thank for getting back to us,at least you know its l all working as it should.

Just to confirm, the box does indeed record 4 channels at the same time. I don't know why I just didn't try it before posting. It least you know it works now. Thanks to DTS for the suggestion :)

Look at it this way. Approx 50% of the total channel count is on one cable, the other 50% is on the other. Either of the two can get any channel. So two becomes effectively 4. There may well be obscure combinations that don't work. I will leave it to you to find one of these ;)

Hint there are not equal numbers of horizontally polarised and vertically polarised channels so the true split is not exactly 50%.

If say you chose 3 vertically polarised channels and the other was horizontal it's likely to give an error.

If you want to have a go I can suggest 4 channels to record :clap:

Last edited:
I don't have a Arris box yet but am intriguedabout this wideband LNB. eg; If the wideband LNB uses two outputs, one for the Vertical polarised channels and the other for horizontal polarised channels, does it matter which cable connects to which socket (RF1 or RF2) on the Arris? Or does the receiver differentiate them automatically no matter which way round they are connected?

It shouldn't matter which way round you connect them
Yes of course, I realised after posting. The tuners are identical and don't need to know about the polarisation as all they need is the frequencies etc. It is the LNB which splits the signals into V/H for the separate tuner feeds.

Where can you buy an Arris 4k box,Everywhere i try all i get is a Humax?

The Freesat web site. It doesn’t say Arris though!

Where can you buy an Arris 4k box,Everywhere i try all i get is a Humax?
The only new recording boxes will be the Arris - any Humax you find are either very old stock or refurbished.

I understand that but where can I buy one every dealer only shows Humax not Arris

The Freesat web site. It doesn’t say Arris though!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom