New laptops for work

TQS

Established Member
Reaction score
I need two laptops of similar/same spec which will be used for work purposes so mustn't fail or breakdown too often, or even at all - needed asap - must be fairly lightweight to carry too - and also fairly robust!!

What is your budget? Maybe £500 each

What size laptop do you want? I think it needs to be easily portable so 14" would be suitable - when in the office, i could do with buying a laptop dock too to plug into a screen and mouse/keyboard (can docks be bought second hand and cheapish?)

Do you have resolution requirements? Needs to be good but not amazing as will be used for simple design purposes (eg simple design software (unlikely to be AutoCAD but a more basic alternative)

Do you prefer a matte or glossy (reflective) screen? Personally prefer matte but not a deal-breaker either way

What will you be using the laptop for? MS Office, Internet, basic design as above and watching films too!

If you will be gaming, what games do you need to play? Nope

How long does the battery need to last? A day out - although it wouldn't be used all day long - maybe 10 hours to be safe?

Does it need to be portable? Yes
Will you be taking it out and about or just leaving it at home on a desk

Do you require Blu-Ray? No

Do you require HDMI output? Yes plus several USBs

Do you have a preferred brand? I like HP but am easy

Are there brands you would prefer to avoid? Apple for now

Would you be happy with a refurbished laptop? POssibly

I think an SSD is better, decent speed and would like this to last probably 5 years at least - I am anticipating that the majority of work stuff will be saved on the cloud so must have good capability to do this but would also like a decent hard drive and a decent Webcam would be good too

Thanks - looking to purchase ASAP

I'm a massive fan of Lenovo Thinkpads:

I'm a massive fan of Lenovo Thinkpads:

The thinkpad reminds me of a laptop i had back in 2005!!

Any thoughts on this: HP Pavilion 14-ce3501sa 14" Laptop - Intel® Core™ i5, 512 GB SSD, Silver

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom