New Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 Streaming amp

Received mine today only to find mains power lead is a 2 pin euro. :(

I've ordered correct one of amazon....just means I'm gonna have to wait longer.

Do you know if this is standard, regardless of which retailer you order the Lyngdorf from?

:eek:

Could you not steal one from a Blu-ray player or telly box?

Yeah that's what I was thinking.... Unfortunately TV box is not the right one.

I need a kettle 3 pin plug.

I'm gonna have a dig around tomorrow see what I can find👍

Mine was the same, no UK power lead. Luckly I had already an Isotek waiting for the amplifier 😏. Nice little toy, all I wanted, an all in one box. It's small and simple, but looking good and, at least for me, it sounds excellent, very detailed. Can't wait to sort out my living room refurbishment to set up the Room Perfect.

Same here when i got my 2170. No idea why.

Same here when i got my 2170. No idea why.

Weird. My 3400 came with a UK plug. The box containing the power cable, microphone, etc even had a UK label on it. Wonder why some are with Euro plugs while others are with UK plugs.

My 1120 also came with EU plug, I asked the dealer I got it from to send me a convertor which came from amazon the next day - great service.
Is the power cable a standard power cable? It looks quite chunky and I thought it may be a special one with filtering? Can I just switch it to a stand 3 pin kettle plug?

I’ve been reading everything I can about the Elacs recently.

Everyone everywhere loves them. I have to hear a pair.

If I had five grand, it’d be;

The Elacs.
The 1120.
Two SVS 1000 sealed subs.

Who could need anything else?

Would that combination work with the Lyngdorf? AFAIK it only has two analog outputs, so how would you connect the Elacs and the subs?

Would that combination work with the Lyngdorf? AFAIK it only has two analog outputs, so how would you connect the Elacs and the subs?
Unfortunately that is true, only one set of stereo pre-outs. The Achilles heel of the 1120 it seems, but then they had to hit the price point somehow.

For active speakers + sub(s) it would have to be the 2170 (no built-in streamer) Or the 3400 (£5k).

Our initial batch of TDAi1120s were shipped with the wrong mains lead by mistake. Now the correct ones are in the box. I find the mic stand in the box ok. Its cheaply made and has to be light to reduce shipping costs but it does the job and is fine for something most people are only going to use once or twice.

If you want something better, get something like this Trojan Pro Short Mic Stand and Telescopic Boom

If you haven’t seen it yet, you can see the most in depth review of the TDAi1120 I’ve seen here Lyngdorf TDAI 1120 | The Ear

There's a good review of the 1120 here (in Danish...but Google translate does a decent job on it):

My 1120 also came with EU plug, I asked the dealer I got it from to send me a convertor which came from amazon the next day - great service.
Is the power cable a standard power cable? It looks quite chunky and I thought it may be a special one with filtering? Can I just switch it to a stand 3 pin kettle plug?

Bugger and imbecile. That’s right... I even made the same point earlier; and forget in my excitement.

It would have to be a pair of subs with a pass through and a Hf cut off, or, better yet, a DPA-1 and a Node 2 instead of the 1120.

Or, do without subs, though that seems excessive.

:laugh:... I was trying to think what it might be... and as soon as I read your post the word Arcam flew onto my struggling mind

Ah I was thinking NAD! Maybe C388 with 2i module given circa £2k and is all in one unit that would make it a good price/features comparison with an Atom and 1120.

I keep meaning to ask sir, what do you think of the pair of Lyngdorf subs?

The Dynaudios go quite low, anyway, I know.

But I’d imagine that a pair of RoomPercted subs must add a noticeable mass and impact.

Steady on

But I’d imagine that a pair of RoomPerfected subs must add a noticeable mass and impact.

But I’d imagine that a pair of RoomPerfected subs must add a noticeable mass and impact.
Yeah, it’s something else. The Dynaudios are good on their own, no doubt, but the subs just add that true depth and physicality that a stand mount speaker can never really have. They’re really good, so detailed and tuneful. The way RP integrates it all truly is perfect. No one would be able to tell where speaker ends and sub begins. Highly recommended!

Yeah, it’s something else. The Dynaudios are good on their own, no doubt, but the subs just add that true depth and physicality that a stand mount speaker can never really have. They’re really good, so detailed and tuneful. The way RP integrates it all truly is perfect. No one would be able to tell where speaker ends and sub begins. Highly recommended!

I had assumed as much sir :thumbsup: my envy is immense:D

I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to afford a pair of the Lyngdorf subs alongside the 2170, so I’d probably have to buy a pair of BK P12 300s.

I’d prefer the Lyngdorfs, but the BKs will hardly be slumming it.

I had assumed as much sir :thumbsup: my envy is immense:D

I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to afford a pair of the Lyngdorf subs alongside the 2170, so I’d probably have to buy a pair of BK P12 300s.

I’d prefer the Lyngdorfs, but the BKs will hardly be slumming it.
I’ve got a pair of them in my home cinema system, they’re really good, it really wouldn’t be slumming it at all. I think the key is a) having two and b) having DSP room correction managed crossover integration.

Aha.

I just read it now :rotfl:

I’m clearly very observant.

That must be a mighty fine home cinema with the DM5s all round, I remember you having them now.

I did love mine.

For those of us looking to pair a set of active speakers (the ELAC Navis’) with this amp, how much would we be losing out on by not being able to add (or, at least easily add) a sub/pair of subs?

That’s a good question sir, and a pia.

I do wish Lyngdorf would do a stand-alone preamp again.

No sign of one though, so, instead...

The outputs of the 1120 go to the sub, the sub selects the crossover frequency then sends the signal, from 60hz or 80Hz to the active speakers.

Which incidentally gives the actives extra usable power now that thy are not driving themselves past the low cut off.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom