Question New Panasonic

Nelsonpk

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking to replace my lx5090 with 65 inch either the gz200 or the 950. My Pioneer is fitted on the wall basically surrounded my av Furniture.
Has anybody replaced a similar configuration I only want to go up a maximum of 2 inches, below is not so important as I have about 9 inches to the top of my ysp5600. The vesa fitting are what dictates how high the tv fits so my question is can any one tell me which tv would lift the most with the wall bracket as is given where the pioneer picks up and where the above two connect.
I hope it doesn’t sound to confusing.

I've got a 65 inch GZ950 wall mounted and the bottom holes are 100mm from the bottom of the panel and 400mm spacing.

Great thanks to keep the bracketry the same I can drop down about another 100mm with the pioneer being about 730 deep and the 950 is about 900 with the 50 mm height allowance I don’t think I need to move the wall bracket result.
Can I ask did you look at the 2000 if so what made you go for the 950?
I am proposing to connect my Sky q to my sound bar and use the apps for amazon Netflix etc and use arc for the sound what do you think?

Great thanks to keep the bracketry the same I can drop down about another 100mm with the pioneer being about 730 deep and the 950 is about 900 with the 50 mm height allowance I don’t think I need to move the wall bracket result.
Can I ask did you look at the 2000 if so what made you go for the 950?
I am proposing to connect my Sky q to my sound bar and use the apps for amazon Netflix etc and use arc for the sound what do you think?
I didn't think the GZ2000 was worth the extra money as I have a avr and 5.1.2 speaker package and won't be using the internal speakers and the picture quality from the reviews I've read is not that much better just peak brightness and the GZ950 looks really bright in hdr mode. The Netflix and Amazon prime apps work with no problems for me with Dolby atmos over arc with no lip sync problems.

Thanks for your reply I’ll go on and order the 950, I saw them both at curry’s in Poole and agree that apart from brightness not to much difference and I’ll be putting it through my 5600 sound bar.
Again thanks for your help.

Thanks for your reply I’ll go on and order the 950, I saw them both at curry’s in Poole and agree that apart from brightness not to much difference and I’ll be putting it through my 5600 sound bar.
Again thanks for your help.
No probem tell us what you think of the 950 in the GZ oled thread when you get it.

Update as promised.
Just some observations first
Download the tv manual first, on reading wall bracket bolts do not come in the box you need 4 m6 bolts I got mine from screwfix, I have av furniture in the shape of a U reading the manual you need 10cm all round the tv I have just. I thought I had the heights sorted for the bracket but no had to move the bracket down 100mm lower the bracket higher the tv is. I connected skyQ to my Ysp 5600 and used the arc to the tv.
After getting everything plugged in and powered up the picture on sky sports I thought the people looked a bit fuzzy, when watching cobra in uhd the picture was fantastic dare I say better than my Pioneer although I thought thx cinema was a bit dark the sound the was a transformation even though just a sound bar. The amazon prime app seems to confuse the tv with sound not playing and switching back to sky is a bit weird because I can’t find a sleep button before switching. Sound and vision through the app is again fantastic. Registering the tv for smart speaker use was a bit of a faf but I’m there now Alexa now can control the sound bar and tv through linked skills however can’t find a skill to put sky q on it anyone know of one? For some reason the sky remotes didn’t like my tv/sound bar the slide worked ok but the normal one with th Q box wouldn’t code, in the end I used the remote from the mini box which worked. If anything else comes up I’ll let you know.
Bye from a happy chappy on the whole!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom