New PSVR owners and glasses wearers.. Get some protection

I can make them any size.. My standard size gives the maximum travel of the headset but still a few mm's of protection

Making them taller is not a problem, but it might limit how far the headset can come back.

Yep, that's fine, I found the previous (deluxe) pair invisible / not preventing any movement, so another 3-5mm perhaps?

Tried the link but doesn’t work. Could we have the new link please

Stupid question time. I wear glasses for anything close up eg reading,does this mean I should wear them with the Psvr as the screen is actually in the distance?

I asked the same question just before I bought mine and was advised to wear my glasses so I have been. Might try without one of these days.

Can definitely recommend these.

I’ve bought two sets now, second set when I swapped to the V2.

They do the job, completely unobtrusive and not expensive either.

Just a little bump on this thread for the good work @Jon Weaver has done with these lens guards. I have originally bought from Jon a few years ago and after selling and now rebuying the V2 headset the first thing I did was purchase a pair of these lens protectors from Jon. They arrived yesterday very well made lovely rubber finish and high quality manufacturing. They fit perfectly on the edge on the lens completely unnoticeable when you have them on with or without glasses and do the job of protecting the lenses brilliantly.

Thank you Jon and these come highly highly recommended

Best wishes

Saf

I am receiving a PSVR for Christmas, have been researching games and stuff and as a reading glasses wearer luckily came across this thread, have placed my order for these but unfortunately they will not arrive until early January so i will just have to be very careful until then I wear plastic glasses with plastic lens so hopefully that will help.

I am receiving a PSVR for Christmas, have been researching games and stuff and as a reading glasses wearer luckily came across this thread, have placed my order for these but unfortunately they will not arrive until early January so i will just have to be very careful until then I wear plastic glasses with plastic lens so hopefully that will help.

If you only need glasses for close up, then you probably won't need to wear them for PSVR. Although the headset is close to your face, the lenses in it make your eyes focus at a distance.

I use Jon's protectors and they are still working well for me.

As a temporary measure you could stick a bit of blutac on the corner of your frames to give them a bit of space to the headset lenses.

Just picked up a PSVR from the classifieds. Glad I saw this thread as all 4 in my family have glasses so I've ordered a set today.
Thanks to this thread or I might not have realised til too late.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom