New Star Wars Movie Announced (TBC) Helmed by J.D. Dillard

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
I've heard of him

I posted threads for his magic film Sleight way back and recently creature feature SWEETHEART

Last edited:
Another day, another potential Star Wars movie. Disney have so many supposed different SW films in the works now I'm losing track. Shouldn't the announcement of such a project generate huge excitement and send ripples through Hollywood? Now it's getting all very mundane. Or maybe I'm just getting a touch jaded...

They must be filling a diversity quota for a black SW director and created a project ? :D

Last edited:
Ah so it makes more sense now.

Also story details (Rise of Skywalker haters won’t be happy)

Last edited:
I don’t mind the idea of exploring Exegol a bit more. It was a bit deus ex machina in the film, but there’s potential there if it’s not rushed.

I don’t mind the idea of exploring Exegol a bit more. It was a bit deus ex machina in the film, but there’s potential there if it’s not rushed.
Sounds more suited to Disney+ based on that...

There are reports that this is going to tell Palpatine's story from before the prequels up to TROS. Can't say I really care for yet more films set within the Skywalker saga timeframe. Would rather they give this a rest now. Time for something completely new (at least in film).

Would not mind more Ian McDiarmid while he's still in good health at all.

I've been saying this since TFA. Star Wars is trapped within the Skywalker timeline in that Disney just doesn't know what else to do with it. Anything they do I can almost guarantee it, even if they set a film 100s or 1000s of years before Anakin, they'll squeeze something in from that era for marketing.

I've been saying this since TFA. Star Wars is trapped within the Skywalker timeline in that Disney just doesn't know what else to do with it. Anything they do I can almost guarantee it, even if they set a film 100s or 1000s of years before Anakin, they'll squeeze something in from that era for marketing.
like a 900 year old jedi?

I don't mind the galaxy getting smaller - some of the best stories are driven by coincidence that would seem absurd in real life - but I do get annoyed by them being unable to move forward as opposed to keep resorting to prequels. I know a lot of people disliked what Rian Johnson did, but at least he did try to have an eye on what comes next (which Trevorrow embraced, but it looks like the powers that be at Disney did not).

I will absolutely take a Palpatine film. My favourite or 2nd favourite character of the universe, I'd happily see more of him. Despite the character getting short changed in Rise.

I will absolutely take a Palpatine film. My favourite or 2nd favourite character of the universe, I'd happily see more of him. Despite the character getting short changed in Rise.
Arguably should not have been in ROS at all, great character though he is.

You talking about Yoda? The problem I have is that with each new Star Wars film the Universe (or just Galaxy?) Keeps getting smaller and smaller.

Yep, there's some callbacks that you can kind of accept but yeah, take your point. Be good to see unrelated characters although I've no problem with jedi and sith being in new stuff (or not as with Rogue One).

I can't get enough of the original era to be honest. Any way we could get more Palpatine and Vader I would love. Still think Disney need to get Sebastian Stan for a Luke series set between Empire and Return. Or between New Hope and Empire. I'm curious also to see more of that bounty hunter Han Solo ran into on Ord Mantell.

Yep, there's some callbacks that you can kind of accept but yeah, take your point. Be good to see unrelated characters although I've no problem with jedi and sith being in new stuff (or not as with Rogue One).

I can't get enough of the original era to be honest. Any way we could get more Palpatine and Vader I would love. Still think Disney need to get Sebastian Stan for a Luke series set between Empire and Return. Or between New Hope and Empire. I'm curious also to see more of that bounty hunter Han Solo ran into on Ord Mantell.
I'm going to sound like I'm contradicting myself but I'd love more films set around original era (Like a Darth Vader film) it's just the shoehorning I don't like and the connections keep getting smaller and smaller. Eg, even Han Solo now knows two people that have interacted with Darth Maul (Obi and Qi'ra) Yoda knows Chewbacca, Vader made 3PO, and it frustratingly goes on.

I know there were reports of a Boba Fett film, which I had no desire to see, and I know the Mandalorian is not Boba Fett, but I really enjoyed that show.

We are also getting a Ben Kenobi TV show this year which I'm hopeful will be equally as good.

But what I really want is the Darth Vader we see at the end of Rogue One, doing all sorts of nasty stuff between Episode 3 and Rogue One. I don't care if this is a stand alone film or a TV show.

I thought the Han Solo film was blaverage and instantly forgettable so please no more of those

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom