Question New sub suggestions

FaxFan2002

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My XTZ Sub 12.17 has given up the ghost (for the 2nd time) and is out of warranty.

I love how the sub sounds, very tight, controlled and used only for movie watching. What I don't like is the reliability and 2 year warranty, so I've started looking at the SVS's for better 5 year warranty and relatively well proven reliability.

I'm looking at the SVS PC2000 mainly due to space requirements as the SVS ported sub it quite large in terms of floorspace.

Any other suggestions, budget ~£1000?

The main system is a Arcam AVR550 with Monitor Audio speakers.

Get one of these 5yr warranty at superb prices/performance and on sale now + an extra 20% disc if you use MP20 code. If you can fit one in it's a no brainer.

Full review here.

I would contact XTZ and complain about the original 12.17 amp plate having a known longevity problem,just look at the number of forum members amp failures.
The new edge amp plate should be more reliable and better quality being a B&O icepower.

Martin

I would contact XTZ and complain about the original 12.17 amp plate having a known longevity problem,just look at the number of forum members amp failures.
The new edge amp plate should be more reliable and better quality being a B&O icepower.

Martin
Definitely going to do that, but kinda lost faith in the brand now.

My XTZ Sub 12.17 has given up the ghost (for the 2nd time) and is out of warranty.

I love how the sub sounds, very tight, controlled and used only for movie watching. What I don't like is the reliability and 2 year warranty, so I've started looking at the SVS's for better 5 year warranty and relatively well proven reliability.

I'm looking at the SVS PC2000 mainly due to space requirements as the SVS ported sub it quite large in terms of floorspace.

Any other suggestions, budget ~£1000?

The main system is a Arcam AVR550 with Monitor Audio speakers.

If the Monoprice is out due to size (466,49£ vs. 999£ PB2000 Pro best deal i have ever seen!) then you have to consider PC2000 Pro at 849£ open box from forum advertiser. In mint condition with full warranty, 150£ savings. And this is indeed the new Pro version with phone app and gains in the mid-bass range so well worth over the old one.

Of course the Edge amp would come much cheaper and it comes with 5year warranty. They are reliable no worries there, XTZ designed it over 1,5years before putting it out.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom