New Tesla Anyone - Roadster (deposits can now be paid)

Not keen on the styling, find it boring and unimaginative, predictable and emotionless. But the paper specs are very impressive. I wouldn’t spent my own money on it.

Looks like a lovely car for £150k.... just a bit out of my price range.

I do actually think the exterior styling of it is the first Tesla I really like...

A Taycan 4S with options is £100k, it has all the range/performance anyone will actually need in the real world, add in the Porsche heritage the Roadster 2.0 makes the Porsche look cheap.

It'll be interesting to see how many people buy a Roadster 2.0 at $200k, once the initial flurry of fan orders are over am not sure Tesla has the brand image to compete with the likes of Porsche/Ferrari/Bentley.

We aren't swapping car for a long time now, but I do now aspire to own a Taycan, and will do within the next 5-10 years. Regardless of stats I just cannot see how anyone can pay that kind of money for a Tesla.

A Taycan 4S with options is £100k, it has all the range/performance anyone will actually need in the real world, add in the Porsche heritage the Roadster 2.0 makes the Porsche look cheap.

It'll be interesting to see how many people buy a Roadster 2.0 at $200k, once the initial flurry of fan orders are over am not sure Tesla has the brand image to compete with the likes of Porsche/Ferrari/Bentley.

We aren't swapping car for a long time now, but I do now aspire to own a Taycan, and will do within the next 5-10 years. Regardless of stats I just cannot see how anyone can pay that kind of money for a Tesla.
If I won the lottery, a Porsche Taycan would definitely be on my shopping list. The problem is without a lottery win, by the time you add all the options you'd want (or would get as standard on a Golf / Octavia!), a Porsche Taycan is probably not far off the cost of the Tesla Roadster...

The problem is without a lottery win, by the time you add all the options you'd want (or would get as standard on a Golf / Octavia!), a Porsche Taycan is probably not far off the cost of the Tesla Roadster...

Its actually the other way round for pricing!!

I've speced up a Tyacan 4S with the performance battery and all the features I would want and it came to £101k.

That is fantasy land money, but our base spec Model X with options was £71k, and the current Model S in same spec is £79k, dangerously close to Taycan pricing.

In my book a £20-30k premium for the Porsche heritage is worth every penny, and though the price is still very high it's not so high to be out of reach for many Tesla owners and CHEAPER than the Roadster 2.0 by about £50k!!

I love the stats of the Roadster 2.0, but when you actually get into the situation of seriously considering dropping a six figure sum on a car, the Porsche badge alone has so much draw than the Tesla badge.

Porsche I believe already had a 12 months+ waiting list for the Taycan, and I can see why when you look at the Roadster 2.0 pricing.

Not keen on the styling, find it boring and unimaginative, predictable and emotionless. But the paper specs are very impressive. I wouldn’t spent my own money on it.

I don't like the '250 Mph+'. If it's actually been track tested, what is it's top speed? That's one part I find maybe not unbelievable, but I'm dubious about. As for seating 4 people?.. :laugh:

I don't like the '250 Mph+'. If it's actually been track tested, what is it's top speed? That's one part I find maybe not unbelievable, but I'm dubious about. As for seating 4 people?.. :laugh:
😂 It’s impressive if it can do that. Bit concerning as well as there could be a few accidents when people try that out.

An interesting comparison of the Model S to the Porsche Taycan:

For a £200k+ Tesla to make sense, they'll need to fix the quality and panel gap issues. You would have hoped that 5 years into the model's life, Tesla could have sorted those issues on the Model S by now.

Friends father-in-law ordered a Taycan the day after seeing it on Top gear, it will replace his Panamera 4E. Hoping to take delivery sooner then expected as apparently due to lockdown their getting a few cancelled orders.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom