New to Battlefield Hardline or BF4?

DanielWilko

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've always played COD up until they released Advance Warfare (not my cup of tea) but never Battlefield. I am really enjoying the BF Hardline beta, it reminds me of Rainbow Six Vegas. I'm quite tempted to get Hardline when it comes out but I can't help but wonder if I should get Battlefield 4 (PS4) for now ? any thoughts?

Thanks
dan

If you have a read at the bf hardline thread ,
you will find a lot of us/players , aren't that impressed with hardline ,
one lad did say to me that it was a lot like COD , which i guess is why you like it ,
as for me , im not that impressed with it at all , i wont be buying HL

As for BF4 , now that is game you may enjoy , , but the play style of the game is completely different to cod , for 1 you have to play in a squad , if not and try to run around like chuck norris
your just going to get killed every ten seconds , and that in turn will put you off the game very very quickly .
but if you work with the squad you can have a good time playing bf4 ,
it's best to talk to your squad and let them know whats going on , and in turn they will do the same with you ,
granted , most random games , you won't be talking to random people , but you will find that squads/teams still play together , ( i have had a good few game with randoms and we/their have still played all together ) but that is how the game works

there is a lot to learn about the game , so if you pick it up ,
pop over to the main bf thread , and pick a few names out ( the one's that post the most are the one's that play it on a regular bases ) and drop them FR ,
as well as me,
jump in a few games and im sure someone will talk you through the basic's .

Last edited:
Hi, I've always played COD up until they released Advance Warfare (not my cup of tea) but never Battlefield. I am really enjoying the BF Hardline beta, it reminds me of Rainbow Six Vegas. I'm quite tempted to get Hardline when it comes out but I can't help but wonder if I should get Battlefield 4 (PS4) for now ? any thoughts?

Thanks
dan

I'd say it depends on what you want.

Battlefield 4 (BF4) is a lot slower pace than Call of Duty (CoD) and slightly slower than Battlefield Hardline (BFH). The time to kill on BFH and CoD is also a lot shorter/quicker than BF4.

I find BF4 a bit more objective focused than CoD but BFH seems to also have a lot of objective based gameplay. BF4 has some maps that are a lot bigger than Hardline (although it BF4 has some small and medium sized ones too).

I wouldn't get BF4 to play mainly TDM or if you want a fast paced game (or for) but if you want to play a game with capturing and holding points then BF4 is great for that.

If you want it for the single player campaign it's not bad but I preferred CoD: AW and I'm interested to see what the BFH campaign is like.

If you have a read at the bf hardline thread ,
you will find a lot of us/players , aren't that impressed with hardline ,
one lad did say to me that it was a lot like COD , which i guess is why you like it ,
as for me , im not that impressed with it at all , i wont be buying HL

As for BF4 , now that is game you may enjoy , , but the play style of the game is completely different to cod , for 1 you have to play in a squad , if not and try to run around like chuck norris
your just going to get killed every ten seconds , and that in turn will put you off the game very very quickly .
but if you work with the squad you can have a good time playing bf4 ,
it's best to talk to your squad and let them know whats going on , and in turn they will do the same with you ,
granted , most random games , you won't be talking to random people , but you will find that squads/teams still play together , ( i have had a good few game with randoms and we/their have still played all together ) but that is how the game works

there is a lot to learn about the game , so if you pick it up ,
pop over to the main bf thread , and pick a few names out ( the one's that post the most are the one's that play it on a regular bases ) and drop them FR ,
as well as me,
jump in a few games and im sure someone will talk you through the basic's .

Yeah, I saw a lot of people were not impressed with Hardline, which is why I have considered going with Battlefield 4. I agree, Hardline may have appealed to me more due to its slightly more close combat (Heist especially). The game play is what I enjoyed the most but I was worried about vehicles, I dont mind huge maps but Im not a big fan of the vehicles use. So yes it may be less action than I am used to on the COD games but I think I will see how much I can get BF4 for.

I'd say it depends on what you want.

Battlefield 4 (BF4) is a lot slower pace than Call of Duty (CoD) and slightly slower than Battlefield Hardline (BFH). The time to kill on BFH and CoD is also a lot shorter/quicker than BF4.

I find BF4 a bit more objective focused than CoD but BFH seems to also have a lot of objective based gameplay. BF4 has some maps that are a lot bigger than Hardline (although it BF4 has some small and medium sized ones too).

I wouldn't get BF4 to play mainly TDM or if you want a fast paced game (or for) but if you want to play a game with capturing and holding points then BF4 is great for that.

If you want it for the single player campaign it's not bad but I preferred CoD: AW and I'm interested to see what the BFH campaign is like.

I want a slower paced shooter! I think I am gonna try BF4 and then make my decision about Hardline once it is out!

Didn't take much to convince me but still!

thank you

you could probably pick up a second hand copy for a few quid these days ,ebay or CEX
and if you like it , then you could could the premium version not sure how this these days , and have a lot more maps , and different games styles

as for vehicles they can be a lot of fun , tanks , planes < which can be a bitch to get use too , and hellis , dirt bikes and quads which i find are a lot of fun

For the price you can pick BF4 up for now its a no brainer....

If its not your thing, sell it or trade it for hard line and you'll not be far out of pocket.

....there's also the fact it's loads better than hard-line (IMHO)

Buy bf4 for cheap as chips and buy premium,that will give you all the map packs and guns etc.
Bf4 in it's current state is a great game.
You can probably get bf4 and premium for the price of hard line.

Picked it up for £20 from Argos today! probably won't get premium due to price and possibility of getting Hardline when it arrives. £40 for the 5 packs is a lot.

What are the DLC packs like? What kinda stuff shall I expect.

Thanks again guys,
Playing online soon after a huge 6gb of updating! :)

What you can do is buy the map packs seperatly, final stand is definitely worth buying.

I found there weren't many servers with ALL maps in rotation, and they had the base game separate to the DLC so even if you don't get premium you'll be fine. In fact I think there were more servers online for the base maps.

I came into BF4 late (got the premium edition in the PSN sale for £20) and don't think I've played much of the DLC which makes me glad I didn't have to pay extra for the premium. I really enjoy it but I must say I think I prefer Hardline. I hope they show more maps before release as I think some people have been harsh to make judgement based on one Conquest map in a beta release.

Picked it up for £20 from Argos today! probably won't get premium due to price and possibility of getting Hardline when it arrives. £40 for the 5 packs is a lot.

What are the DLC packs like? What kinda stuff shall I expect.

Thanks again guys,
Playing online soon after a huge 6gb of updating! :)

I like the DLC maps (they each have about 4 maps and some come with extra game modes and unlocks) but the base maps are the ones I play the most are the vanilla maps.

As mentioned if you want to play more in a squad with the people on here check the main BF4 thread in this forum section (last few pages contain the names of people still playing regularly), check the BF4 PSN names thread and if you want you can join the platoon to see who from here is playing and on what server.

Hi folks. Sorry for butting in on the thread but it seems a good a place as any to stick this.

Iv turned on battlefield a few times, but never got into it.

By the sounds of things squading up is what its all about, with the added bonus of surviving a few seconds longer. So i hope you guys dont mind if i send out a few friend requests.

If not ill just go back to the barracks and clean out the toilets my Oral B firm head :eek:

PSN Slippy--Banana
Cheers, Rab.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom