Question (New to CCTV) - Can I have CCTV?

Bud123

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi.
I want to have a 4-camera CCTV system installed to see what is happening around my house. So my question is two-fold.

1. Please see the picture. Can I with the GDPR complications have CCTV cameras installed in the indicated places? I have numbered my proposed cameras (blue colour) if you wish to refer to them in your response.
My neighbour has got CCTV installed already (yellow cameras). But my house is located differently to his. What do you think?

2. If I could do this, for a budget of £500 what is the best system you'd recommend?
I am keen on receiving email alerts (or app notifications) on movement, clear videos, a reliable system, wired (my broadband is not that great) - at least footage should get stored even though I may not get prompt notifications.

I have read what has been said here by many. I am going bonkers with all this jargon now. So I thought it would be better to ask.
Please respond.
Thanks in advance.

CCTV.JPG

can't see any reason why not , as long as you mask or do not cover their property with your cameras , do you get on with your neighbours ?

I see no problem. Just put privacy masks over any sensitive areas, such as the windows of neighbouring properties.

Thanks for replying Paulyoung666 & Puntoboy.

Yes, we do get on well. But thought of having our own so it is easier.
My concern was more about the road & the footpath.
And how do you mask areas? Is it through the software or physical covers? Excuse my ignorance.

AND I now will wait for a response from someone with a suggestion of a system.

Thanks for replying Paulyoung666 & Puntoboy.

Yes, we do get on well. But thought of having our own so it is easier.
My concern was more about the road & the footpath.
And how do you mask areas? Is it through the software or physical covers? Excuse my ignorance.

AND I now will wait for a response from someone with a suggestion of a system.

The cameras will need their software to have the privacy mask feature. Most will but some won't.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom