New to pc gaming, 2080 ti?

Dominic06

Novice Member
Reaction score
hello everyone. I’m currently an Xbox one x user and wanting to move onto pc gaming within the next week or so and was looking at having a build including the 2080 ti. The thing is, I’ve read that there should be new cards releasing soon (June time ish?) but is that certain? Is it worth building the pc now rather than waiting until it’s released whenever that is? Thank you in advance.

hello everyone. I’m currently an Xbox one x user and wanting to move onto pc gaming within the next week or so and was looking at having a build including the 2080 ti. The thing is, I’ve read that there should be new cards releasing soon (June time ish?) but is that certain? Is it worth building the pc now rather than waiting until it’s released whenever that is? Thank you in advance.

There are rumors that a new RTX series is coming with maybe HDMI 2.1 ports will be released later this year. LG at CES during OLED/Nvidia demo let slip a HDMI 2.1 solution for PC GPU's would be available later in the year.

You could build and leave out the GPU in the hopes that the rumors pay off but of course you will be waiting a while, if you budget allows it consider a lower end GPU like the GTX 1650 Super then sell it off and get the latest and greatest from Nvidia when it launches.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
You should wait. The 20 series RTX cards' big feature is ray tracing, however this is so insanely demanding on the GPU that it will literally half the frame rate. Ray tracing is visually incredible, but the current gen of cards just aren't powerful enough. Rumour has it the 30 series cards will have 50% faster raytracing, which should be a real game changer.

It's worth mentioning as well that you'll need a suitably high end monitor to go with your high end GPU, and monitors are a minefield on the PC right now. So many claim to be HDR but are only 300-400nits with no FALD backlighting. I have a 1000nit monitor myself, but my goodness I had to pay a crazy amount for it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom