Question New to Surround Sound. Need some help.

Raj007

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a Pioneer VSX-1018AH changed the mode from 8ohms to 6ohms. Crossover Frequency 80hz.
I have Mission 760i 6ohms 75watts. (Surround)

I need to buy Mission 751 6ohms 75watts. (Main Bi-Amp)
I need to buy Wharfedale SW150. (Need a sub cause the Missions suck in their bass department)
I need to buy Mission 75C 6ohms 100watts. (Center)

Is this setup OK?
I am a bit weary of using 75watt speakers with an 110watt amp.

Any suggestions if it is good or bad?

THat's fine using those speakers. I have the same sub, its good for the price however it doesn't have a LFE bypass, highest crossover is 85hz so could be going through two curve filters.

Ok thanks rccarguy. When I get the sub shall I change the Crossover Frequency on my amp to 85hz?

What is a curve filter? Is it something to do with the mcacc setup?

Only problem is that I don't have the amp with me right now.

There is no need to match the sub to the same make of speakers. You would be far better off with a sub from BK, may cost a bit more but certainly worth it.

Bi-amping from the same amp is known as passive bi-amping and will bring little if any audio improvement. The power is taken from the same PSU and so all your are quite literally doing is robbing the remaining speakers of power.

Don't worry about the speaker's figures and maximum wattage. It's you that is in charge of the volume control, if you hit maximum wattage your ears are more likely to give up the ghost rather than the speakers. With the amp, although your speakers are rated 6 ohm there is no need to change the setting as the receiver is designed to run at varying ohm levels.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom