Question New TV - Any Panasonic TX-50HX580B owners? - Advice & Picture Settings

Waynester

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi chaps

Mums decided on a new TV, gonna collect this on Monday from Richer Sounds hopefully!
unless you guys reckon it’s not a good choice lol!

Can’t find much out about it, was £649 down to £549, grabbing one for £449 and hopefully 10% off with VIP Members discount, making it £404! 😊
(I think they’ll price match it because it’s in Argos and Currys for this price)

its this one

Also wondered if anybody has this TV and has some good picture settings for it? How are you finding it?

if there are any other 48 to 50” screens you’d recommend, let me know.. her maximum budget is £500 MAX

she only watches the usual soaps, movies on Netflix and Amazon and Blu Rays

Hi, apologies for resurrecting a quiet thread but yes I have this tv.
Initial impressions were VERY poor to the point where the retailer sent an engineer to make sure it was working with a view to replacing for something else.
Once he confirmed it was all fine I spent 2hrs tweaking the very limited settings and got a fairly decent picture out if im honest, it handles 4k and HD stuff quite well but struggles with SD.
A few notes are its a Vestel panel so the UI isnt the same as proper Pannys, the satellite tuner isnt freesat, that said games look nice and bright on it and the Dolby Vision is a nice bonus as were the four hdmi2.0, vga and component connections. As with Panasonic its v limited apps; Freeview Play, Netflix & Amazon are the only ones youd use.
At the current price point however I'd probably say a LG Nanocell or hang on until the new Samsungs are out this month. I dont regret the purchase as im happy with it but if I knew the above I probably wouldnt have chosen it as £449 for 50inch with dolby vision is a bit too good to be true.

Sorry, another older thread bump here. I've just bought this TV and I'm struggling to get a good picture out of it. As you mentioned, 4K & HD is Ok, SD sucks. PS4 looks good however.
I've been playing with the limited settings, and I'm struggling to get something light enough that doesn't had overly vivid colours.
Alt1983 - would you kindly share the settings you've settled on? Pinks seem to be causing the most issue, and skin tones are off, I can't get them to look natural. Thanks
My input is from a Virgin Tivo V6 box, via a Yamaha amp. It looked fine on previous older 40" Panasonic TV.

Hi, no problem at all! Please see below: -

Mode - Cinema
Contrast - 90
Brightness - 48
Sharpness - 0
Colour - 60
Vivid HDR - Off
Energy Saving - Off

Dynamic contrast - Off
Temp - Warm although some sources benefit from Custom and 1 or 2 notches towards the red
Off for everything else
Vivid Motion - High

A massive downmark is every source needs set seperately and depending on the hdr mode they have their own settings but as a rule i keep it to the Bright option and the above settings.
Netflix native app has 16mb 4k DV and Disney+ on Fire Stick has 25mb 4k DV so theyre probs the best sources to try out.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom