Question New TV for Gaming (32")?

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted this over the weekend but it seems to have disappeared. I'll try again...

My son currently has a Samsung LE-32D400E1 which he uses for gaming. It isn't great so I'd like to get him a new set for Christmas but I can't decide which one.

I was looking at the Sony BRAVIA KDL32WD751 but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I think I remember replying to your post but the forum has been upgraded recently and there were complications that could have led to that happening.

Basically, there won't be a substantial gain, if any at all from changing to a newer 32" model. Since your Sons TV was made there's no technological advancements that have been made to 32" models to really make them any better and now, 32" models released by manufacturers are their very lowest end TVs that tend to be very poor quality.

I'd recommend looking at a larger screen size if you can, 43" being the first size where you can get TVs that are a little better like the Hisense 43B7500 or even better, 49/55" at around £1000 where there starts to be TVs that pair well with games consoles due to their ability to display HDR to a good standard.

Thanks for the reply. The main issue is the space available for it to be wall mounted. it has to fit in a space below shelving and above a set of drawers.

The current set looks awful and is 'HD Ready' only, the image is very washed out and I've tinkered with the settings for ages with no luck.

I assumed a newer Sony model may have provided a better image. But as you say, the screen size is the limiting factor - and if much hasn't changed it makes you wonder if there is any point.

Well, newer TVs do have thinner bezels, what measurements are you working with in width and height? May be able to fit a 40" at least.

Not sure resolution really will make much of a difference unless he likes to sit very close, some people do when gaming. If there are specific issues with the current TV a new one may be an improvement, but you can't expect much from smaller TVs nowadays sadly.

He sits pretty close. Almost like sitting at a monitor.

So what measurements are you working with in HxWxD? you can't measure based on diagonal, bezel differences etc.

32" on his TV will be 32" diaganally between bottom left and top right of the TV panel.

You may be surprised to fit a larger model.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom