New Tv Help

With HDR at least the Q85R is night and day from the Q70R, it not only carries over the improved anti glare/wide viewing angle screen filter and higher peak brightness of the Q80R but also has a lot more dimming zones resulting in much better local dimming.

You can sell on the soundbar no problem, it will just be a separate product as if you buying it yourself.

Just a quick question if anybody can answer , just noticed that you can get the sony KD55XF9005 at hughes ebay with voucher for £699, how much difference it there between that tv and the one i am looking at the 55" Samsung Q85R.

Just a quick question if anybody can answer , just noticed that you can get the sony KD55XF9005 at hughes ebay with voucher for £699, how much difference it there between that tv and the one i am looking at the 55" Samsung Q85R.
Its more on par with the Q70R. The Q85R is a step up with better local dimming, higher peak brightness, better anti glare and wider viewing angles.

just some last minute thoughts is it worth paying £100 extra for the LG OLED55B9PLA or £250 extra for the LG OLED55C9PLA or is the screen burn a worry.

just some last minute thoughts is it worth paying £100 extra for the LG OLED55B9PLA or £250 extra for the LG OLED55C9PLA or is the screen burn a worry.
Screen burn is dependant on your usage: OLED Burn In Risk

The LG B9 and C9 are very similar. The C9 comes with an updated image processor which gives it slightly better picture quality depending on the source.

Whether you want an LCD or OLED depends on your personal preferences. Both have their pros and cons:

Ok thanks, just a thought any idea how reliable the one connect box is on the samsung q85, have noticed that the last one sold on ebay for £350 and the cables are selling on samsung website for £199 and the reviews on the samsung website are all complaining about the cable being flimsy and breaking, so i am bit apprehensive about this especially as without the box i cannot use the tv.

need to order by 12 to get delivery on thursday so anyone got any advice about the one connect asap thanks

Box is fine, cable shouldn’t be handled too much but is reliable. Just buy from a reputable retailer and get a good guarantee.

guarantee is 5 year but the retailer says after 30 days any problems will be up to samsung to sort.

Not had any problems dealing with Samsung directly. But hopefully you won’t have any problems regardless

Samsung soundbar cashback can be claimed between 30 and 60 days after your purchase. It could take 30 days to receive so you will be £400 out of pocket for up to 2 months.

Yeah just deciding if its worth the risk, if the wire or the connect box goes the tv is useless, its gonna cost me £1400 for the tv and soundbar until i get the cash back, but i have taken the lg oleds out of the choices because of the screen burn possibility's, and except for downgrading the tv i can not see many other options. Still need to decide before 12 for delivery on thursday plus according to the retailer 1 is in stock, and most other places dont have the tv and soundbar in stock.

If either goes through no fault of yours then they'll be replaced under warranty.

thanks for your help, always been an indecisive person just got to decide now

Ordered the tv and soundbar now so i hope i have done the right thing, only time will tell.

guarantee is 5 year but the retailer says after 30 days any problems will be up to samsung to sort.
If you are buying from a high street/online retailer unaffiliated with Samsung then the first year warranty will be covered by Samsung and the remaining 4 by the shop extended warranty policy.

To the consumer it shouldn't matter much, its always practice to contact the shop where you purchased the TV from if you ever do make a warranty claim and its only after then (and in the first year) that Samsung will help you otherwise.

To the consumer, place all support on the retailer where you buy the TV from.

Anyone know if my current soundbar (Yamaha Yas101) is compatible with the Sony 49XG9005/Samsung Q70?

Anyone know if my current soundbar (Yamaha Yas101) is compatible with the Sony 49XG9005/Samsung Q70?
It will work using the optical output port available on every TV.

It will work using the optical output port available on every TV.

Really appreciate that.

Following loads of guidance from this site and having read lots of reviews I have refined my choice to the Sony 49XG9005 or the Samsung QE49QE70. It’s a very close call given my circumstances. Screen size constrains and viewing habits.

I’ve seen them both in store and for ‘mixed use’ the Samsung appeared to have a slight edge.

Really appreciate that.

Following loads of guidance from this site and having read lots of reviews I have refined my choice to the Sony 49XG9005 or the Samsung QE49QE70. It’s a very close call given my circumstances. Screen size constrains and viewing habits.

I’ve seen them both in store and for ‘mixed use’ the Samsung appeared to have a slight edge.
My personal choice would be the Sony since Samsung dumped only a 60hz panel on their sub 55" TVs.

My personal choice would be the Sony since Samsung dumped only a 60hz panel on their sub 55" TVs.

How much of an advantage has Samsung’s Tizen got over Sony’s Android O/S given that most of the viewing content will be via a Youview box.

One other point, I’ve got a 1 year free subscription to Apple TV+ can this be utilised on the Sony? I believe it can on the Samsung.

Thanks once again.

Apple TV isn't out yet on Android TVs but will be in the future. Android TV is amongst the worst of the OS's but I'd still personally go for the Sony.

The other downside to the Sony is only 2 of its 4 HDMI ports are full bandwidth.

Hi i bought the Samsung Q85R and i am a bit disappointed with my purchase, the sound does not seem very good and maybe sounds a bit distant not sure if its the settings or not, the picture is not great especially on freeview, if anybody has any help to improve my problems it would be greatly appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom