Seems like my 4k max only likes to stutter on dolby vision content. Does not do it on any other type of content. It also doesnt do it at 24hz. TV is a 646.

Mine is really annoying when watching HDR content. I get the ‘adjusting frame rate’ message as a programme starts to play but it Clearly isn’t matching the frame rate because there are constant frame skips and judder during pans. It‘s become so annoying I gave up trying to watch The Rings of Power in Dolby Vision. I noticed the issue on the last series of The Expanse (standard HDR 10) and on The Boys too.

Mine is really annoying when watching HDR content. I get the ‘adjusting frame rate’ message as a programme starts to play but it Clearly isn’t matching the frame rate because there are constant frame skips and judder during pans. It‘s become so annoying I gave up trying to watch The Rings of Power in Dolby Vision. I noticed the issue on the last series of The Expanse (standard HDR 10) and on The Boys too.
Coincidentally I finally got fed up with it yesterday too.
The Firestick doesn’t support 24fps which Rings of Power and a lot of others are. It matches 23.976 perfectly, but not 24, so frame skips are inevitable.
I turned off frame rate matching today and will experiment later. I’ve no idea if it’s a solution or will just cause other problems yet.

Coincidentally I finally got fed up with it yesterday too.
The Firestick doesn’t support 24fps which Rings of Power and a lot of others are. It matches 23.976 perfectly, but not 24, so frame skips are inevitable.
I turned off frame rate matching today and will experiment later. I’ve no idea if it’s a solution or will just cause other problems yet.
It’s so frustrating because when I turn off frame rate matching I only get HDR-10 not Dolby Vision. Apple TV turns it perfectly but the Amazon app only plays HDR-10 too. I did finally realise I can get Dolby Vision and frame rate matching with my Nvidia Shield yesterday but kind of makes me winder why I need the Firestick!

It’s so frustrating because when I turn off frame rate matching I only get HDR-10 not Dolby Vision. Apple TV turns it perfectly but the Amazon app only plays HDR-10 too. I did finally realise I can get Dolby Vision and frame rate matching with my Nvidia Shield yesterday but kind of makes me winder why I need the Firestick!
Thats strange. Don’t know what to suggest, with frame rate matching off I’m getting Dolby Vision.
So far I haven’t spotted any skipping or judder either, but I need longer with it.

My 4K Max got the ITVX update this morning.

As far as I can tell, the Fire TV version is the only one that allows for separate profiles (only 2 mind you).

B034662B-7DA7-44FC-84B8-07E6F3D449A8.jpeg

All the services, HLG HDR for iPlayer. What a little banger of a device.

My 4k firestick has updated as well the older version not the max

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom