NEWS: Amazon Prime boosts Premier League coverage to three quarters of domestic fans

I watched the Chelsea game. No real issues at all (fire tv box). Picture and sound were good. One small moment of picture dropping to SD, but other than that, fine. One nice thing is the "watch from the begining" button, which I used, as I missed the first 15 minutes. It picked it up with the teams in the tunnel. I hope they can give Sky and BT a run for their money.

AVF - please note often we have user threads on a subject Football on Amazon Prime and then a AVF thread like this one. This also often happens with film/series threads and then a Cas review thread. Major items like a TV review thread and user thread not so bad.

I must say I'm not a football fan at all, however, I do feel for you having to subscribe over multiple services to watch the games.

I must say I'm not a football fan at all, however, I do feel for you having to subscribe over multiple services to watch the games.

Maybe we won't have to if Amazon decides after this three season deal to outbid all the rest when it comes to purchase time . They certainly got the funds to do so and at the moment ( as a prime member ) it is not costing me anymore . They must of dipped a toe into this for that very reason to see if it is worth their time and effort to do so ,and by all accounts has been a huge success .

Last edited:
I love these statistics that these scamming marketing firms conjure. They extrapolate a whole country's behaviour from asking a few people. Just like Neilsen viewing figures. It's a joke.

Love sport on Amazon it's so much easier and Amazon prime is such a bargain. I hope Amazon start hoovering up other sports rights as well. I thought they had some NFL rights but perhaps that's just in the US.

The BT Sport App is still by far the best “app” experience. Amazon’s app is better than Sky’s though.

I love these statistics that these scamming marketing firms conjure. They extrapolate a whole country's behaviour from asking a few people. Just like Neilsen viewing figures. It's a joke.
So how would you do it?

You can't. That's the point. And also why the industry gets on Netflix back about not releasing viewing figures as advertising makes the world go round.

ok, but busines needs information to make decisions, and surveys of a representative but smaller base audience remain the best source of this, in the absence of an alternative solution. Your stance assumes you think indicative statistical information is worse than no information, because as you say, there is no alternative.

Neilsen first week The Irish Man viewing figures: 13 million. Netflix official viewing figures: 26 million. Says it all.

Love sport on Amazon it's so much easier and Amazon prime is such a bargain. I hope Amazon start hoovering up other sports rights as well. I thought they had some NFL rights but perhaps that's just in the US.

This.

I heard talk some time ago about Amazon going for F1 broadcast rights - such a shame that this didn't happen, I'd be all over that.

This.

I heard talk some time ago about Amazon going for F1 broadcast rights - such a shame that this didn't happen, I'd be all over that.
F1 on Amazon would be great as right now all I can watch is the highlights .

BT Sport quality and reliability knocks the socks off all others. It like the iPlayer of TV streaming services. None of the others compare.

Neilsen first week The Irish Man viewing figures: 13 million. Netflix official viewing figures: 26 million. Says it all.

There is extensive research that show things like Nielsen (using a large sample size) is a pretty accurate way of collecting data.

Now how data is represented is where the "scamming" comes into it.

For example Nielsen data may only show viewing figures for those who watched the whole movie, whereas Netflix data may show those who watched at least part of the movie.

I was listening to the Pilot TV podcast a while back and they were talking about Netflix and how they do their ratings, they definitely count those who watch more than a certain percentage of a show/movie. Can't remember the exact figure, but it may have been half or three-quarters.

Amazon have announced they are showing another 4 games free for everyone.

That makes BT the only broadcaster not to offer any of the extra games they have been given available for free to air viewing. Not that they have ever been adverse to bad PR. Heck, even Sky will be making 25 of their extra games available free for non-subscribers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom