NEWS: Bang & Olufsen 88-inch Beovision Harmony 8K OLED TV launched

Wow! That's awesome!! I usually prefer to shop at John Lewis anyway but wasn't aware of Protect Plus! Thanks!!

[t you choose. Even the How can Brexit ever be successful unless we have our own manufacturing base? As long as we compare the value of all products with those from China and South Korea, UK can never manufacture products.
[/QUOTE]

Politics in an AV forum! If China is so much more important than the EU as a market and supplier, which is true it's 100 times more important, then Brexit is irrelevant, in fact we could benefit by an independent trade deal with China with lower tariffs, or offer UK manufactured goods with less tariffs, or employ state aid to manufacturing that the EU doesn't currently allow.
The LG 88inch OLED is a tour de force, no doubt, but at a silly price.

Politics in an AV forum! If China is so much more important than the EU as a market and supplier, which is true it's 100 times more important, then Brexit is irrelevant, in fact we could benefit by an independent trade deal with China with lower tariffs, or offer UK manufactured goods with less tariffs, or employ state aid to manufacturing that the EU doesn't currently allow.
The LG 88inch OLED is a tour de force, no doubt, but at a silly price.
That's not the point at all. The fact is that UK's manufacturing is miniscule. We're used to expecting products at ridiculously low prices because of China. This is killing manufacturing elsewhere, especially UK and Europe. No trade deal can solve this.

Haters gonna hate...

Meanwhile those of us who see past the predictable "more money than sense" tropes continue to enjoy our kit. Not everyone is a Premiere League footballer who drops half a weeks wages without thinking twice. For many B&O customers it's a conscious decision to commit to stuff that we worked hard for, that took a huge amount of nerve to jump from "regular" AV (for me at least), but brings joy daily. In the years I've owned B&O stuff, has never failed to make me happy.

After care is second to none - my dealer visited me at 11pm one evening after being out with his family because I'd messed up the remote control settings. My fault and I was happy to wait, but he insisted. That kind of service is worth more than a few quid in my book.

B&O's strength is in audio - have a listen to the Beolab 90s or the Beolab 50s and then make up your mind. You might even think they're a bargain (as long as you like the looks - B&O don't make boxes).

I still have my dad's Beogram receiver from the mid 1960s. It works perfectly except the FM stereo light no longer comes on. He was a TV and audio engineer who spent his working life repairing everyone else's kit. He bought B&O for its reliability reputation and he was right, but even he hasn't expected his receiver to still be in use over HALF A CENTURY later. I'd rather have something to keep and cherish than be changing every other year.

B&O customers tend to think long term, and in ÂŁ/use, I'd say B&O is possibly cheaper than a lot of spurious examples that people here throw up.

There's a significant number on here who seem to know the price of everything, but the value escapes them, utterly.

Absolutely. That's exactly why I have a lot of respect for B&O.

From the linked article " Bang & Olufsen has effectively taken an LG 8K 88-inch OLED ZX TV and optimized it for its own premium purposes "
Exactly. They've optimised it and put the panel in a more premium fascia. Not simply bought a load of LG TVs and changed the badge. They've purchased the OLED panel from LG exactly like Sony, Philips etc. have done for their OLED offerings.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom