NEWS: Best Music Streaming Trials and Offers During Lockdown

So I currently listen to Spotify Premium through a Sonos Connect. Optical output into an Audiolab 6000a. Is there any benefit to changing to Amazon HD (Prime Member) or Tidal HiFi? The question being what can the Sonos handle?

So I currently listen to Spotify Premium through a Sonos Connect. Optical output into an Audiolab 6000a. Is there any benefit to changing to Amazon HD (Prime Member) or Tidal HiFi? The question being what can the Sonos handle?
CD quality with Tidal, sounds great, and mqa high res. Sonos will handle the CD quality now, and quite possibly the hi res in their new S2 update coming June (but that needs to be clarified)

Why no Qobuz in the review, one of the pioneers of Hi res music.

Thanks for taking the time to pull this together - very informative and helpful :)

Thanks a lot for this Andy.
One question. How do I get amazon Music HD free trial for 90 days? Your link leads to a trial of only 30 days..?

When I change inputs the Audiolab notes 48khz for optical input from the TV. 44khz for optical input from the Sonos Connect playing Spotify Premium?

I have just remembered! I got the Tidal 4 months for £4 offer! Still showing 44khz on the input. I can’t seem to find MQA albums through the Sonos App with Tidal as the service.

I can find MQA with the Tidal App on my phone. And can hear a difference through my AKG Y50’s.

Through Bluetooth on the Audiolab a Tidal Master And normal song both appear as 48khz.

I have used Spotify for the past 6 years and have a Sonos Play 1 in most rooms of the house. The app is just so nice to use. Tidal not so much.

Last edited:
When I change inputs the Audiolab notes 48khz for optical input from the TV. 44khz for optical input from the Sonos Connect playing Spotify Premium?

I have just remembered! I got the Tidal 4 months for £4 offer! Still showing 44khz on the input. I can’t seem to find MQA albums through the Sonos App with Tidal as the service.

I can find MQA with the Tidal App on my phone. And can hear a difference through my AKG Y50’s.

I have used Spotify for the past 6 years and have a Sonos Play 1 in most rooms of the house. The app is just so nice to use. Tidal not so much.
Yeah you wont see albums/songs listed as MQA on the Sonos app as they are not supported, yet. The Sonos app is great, and hopefully it continues tat way in June with S2. I use Tidal hifi for my sonos play ones scatered around the house and it sounds great, but where the cd quality really shines is through the sonos amp, love it, and hoping for MQA support shortly

Perfect!!! 120 days of Tidal hifi bought. :clap:

Started my free trial of Deezer HiFi this morning as Spotify had just run out.
Very Dissapointed with Deezer casting to Chromecast because:
1. No Play Next or add to Queue feature.
2. No gapless playback Checked with Dark Side...

The Play next and Add to Queue problems were mentioned on the Deezer forums two years ago. So obviously not an urgent problem for Deezer.

Play Next and Add to Queue work on Android phone and Tablet.
Gapless not working on tablet either.

Deezer sound quality is excellent but I love cuing up tracks to play next so I expect I'll return to Spotify Premium soon.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I guess I'll try Tidal again for that price.

In this situation, music is my favorite activity.
i release my stress and depression that occur due to COVID by spending my time with the music.
I am thinking about
Amazon Music Unlimited:
Individual £7.99 per month (or £79 annually) for a Prime account holder or £9.99 per month if not.
or anyone suggests nice other packages?

In this situation, music is my favorite activity.
i release my stress and depression that occur due to COVID by spending my time with the music.
I am thinking about
Amazon Music Unlimited:
Individual £7.99 per month (or £79 annually) for a Prime account holder or £9.99 per month if not.
or anyone suggests nice other packages?
At the moment, I would suggest Tidal's Hifi 120 days for £4 offer from a sheer value for money point of view. You can click through for it from Get four months of Tidal for $4/£4 (It didn't appear on the Tidal homepage when I looked). Tidal Hifi has higher sound quality than Amazon/Spotify, normally £20/pm so just remember to cancel before you are charged! I have had both Amazon Music Unlimited and Spotify, personally I prefer Spotify.

Tidal can also work on an Amazon echo if you want too.

I subscribe to Spotify and have already completed a previous discounted trial with Tidal. I may make use of this new deal and use a different email address to allow me to register again.

At the moment, I would suggest Tidal's Hifi 120 days for £4 offer from a sheer value for money point of view. You can click through for it from Get four months of Tidal for $4/£4 (It didn't appear on the Tidal homepage when I looked). Tidal Hifi has higher sound quality than Amazon/Spotify, normally £20/pm so just remember to cancel before you are charged! I have had both Amazon Music Unlimited and Spotify, personally I prefer Spotify.

Tidal can also work on an Amazon echo if you want too.

Hi tickedon...
I hope you will be fine.
Thanks a lot for for giving me a good suggestion.
I visit your mention link and really like it and Now I am subscribing Tidal's Hifi 120 days.
Its a nice one bundle.
Thanks again

I subscribe to Spotify and have already completed a previous discounted trial with Tidal. I may make use of this new deal and use a different email address to allow me to register again.
I did too and it worked - perfect time for me to jump back in. Been with Deezer HIFI as it's the only google home voice controlled option for HIFI but I barely use the voice control and you can only have 1 account on HIFI, no family option, so Tidal it is. Their service is much more suited to the music I listen to anyway.

Can I use my laptop to stream Apple Music to my A/V receiver? I have a NAD T578 V3, Its has BlueOs built in. I can see several services including Tidal (which I have trialed in the past) in the BlueOs Interface on my Laptop, but no Apple Music. Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom