NEWS: Campfire Audio launches Ara and updates Andromeda and Solaris earphones

Yes I received the email from the official UK dealer about pre orders. This explains the Easter sale event.

This is why buyers should be informed and be aware if you are ever an early adaptor for Campfire. Compare to your Shure and Sony of this world who go years between model refreshes. In 16 years I have never known a personal audio company to release so many regular variants of the same product, it reads like going through all the power rangers

Andromeda v1
Andromeda v2
Andromeda v3
Andromeda v4 (2020 pre order in this article)
Andromeda Gold limited edition
Andromeda White limited edition
Andromeda Silver limited edition

Solaris original gold (og on audio forums)
Solaris limited edition (og with new colour scheme and tweaks to internal chamber)
Solaris 2020 (pre order mentioned in this article)

Do not get me wrong, 20% smaller body to the Solaris is a big deal and the black finish is more 'universal'. Have to wait for sound impressions now, hopefully something is done about the upper mid range dip. And there is consistent build and no driver unit variation

Yes I received the email from the official UK dealer about pre orders. This explains the Easter sale event.

This is why buyers should be informed and be aware if you are ever an early adaptor for Campfire. Compare to your Shure and Sony of this world who go years between model refreshes. In 16 years I have never known a personal audio company to release so many regular variants of the same product, it reads like going through all the power rangers

Andromeda v1
Andromeda v2
Andromeda v3

Solaris limited edition (og with new colour scheme and tweaks to internal chamber)

Do not get me wrong, 20% smaller body to the Solaris is a big deal and the black finish is more 'universal'. Have to wait for sound impressions now, hopefully something is done about the upper mid range dip. And there is consistent build and no driver unit variation

I use Andromeda v1 rev 1 - no sharp edges SS nozzle sensitivity 115 dB SPL/mW - very bliss

Ive tried (Loaners):

Andromeda S limited edition SS model (different mid tuning), heavy, sensitivity 112.8 dB SPL/mW
Andromed V3 - Sightly larger body, slightly heavier, sensitivity 112.8 dB SPL/mW

There is a sonic difference between v1 rev 1 and v3 - not day and night. v1 more sensitive, more space between instuments, subtle musical nuances more audible, v1s very source dependant, I did discuss the differences with JD, Ken Ball at CA.

Alot of time was spent comparing these versions, front end gear used:

HiFiMan R2R2000
Lotoo Paw Gold (2017 version)
Lotoo Paw Gold Touch
Lotoo Paw 6000

Great , if you want to look like a Borg

Andromeda v1
Andromeda v2
Andromeda v3

Would like to get a loaner pair for a listen:

CA Andromeda MW10 Limited Edition

Unknown-1.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom