NEWS: Coronavirus: Streaming services asked to switch to SD

So input the ip ingot in the zones section into the cube and then add my actual gateway in the next part. I'll give it a go, apologies for sounding like an idiot.
The IP you got in the zones, is your external IP address seen by the Internet. This is provided to you by your ISP. You will have internal addresses, 99% will start at 192.168.0.1 unless you have changed this.

So 192.168.0.1 will be your default gateway, most likely. That is your router address.

Can you explain what device you are using? I would add Homeland to your watchlist, this is not on the USA Netflix. Once i know your device i can Google the network setup.

I clicked use current ip(I'm using my phone) in the zones part of dns4me. However I've no idea as to where I put this into my set up. I've tried putting it in the ip address and in the gateway with no results

I clicked use current ip(I'm using my phone) in the zones part of dns4me. However I've no idea as to where I put this into my set up. I've tried putting it in the ip address and in the gateway with no results
You don't put it anywhere, that is for them. Once they see a connection request from that IP, its approved. If you didnt sign up, it would be blocked. You are basically needing to edit your DNS settings to the ones on the previous page.

Ahhh so I just make an ipnaddress and put my gateway in along with the dns and they'll see its from me. Ahhh apologies I'm being dumb lol

Thankyou. Appreciate the assistance gentlemen.

Attachments

• 20200602_171842.jpg
    20200602_171842.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 86
Brilliant mate. I am using the USA Netflix as well for the moment. Hopefully Netflix will sort out the UK Bitrate this week so i dont have to sign up after my trial of DNS4ME. The USA is missing some of my watchlist.

No atmos on Disney though. However I was getting atmos using my vpn connected to the US so I'm not concerned about that. Is there nonway to get UK Netflix, then I'd connect my TV up and have UK on that and us on the cube.

I setup up DNS4Me on the weekend, initially it worked but after a while I had a message pop up in the app effectively saying they’ve detected I’m using a DNS relocation service and I couldn’t watch anything until I’d removed it.
Has anybody else seen this?

I setup up DNS4Me on the weekend, initially it worked but after a while I had a message pop up in the app effectively saying they’ve detected I’m using a DNS relocation service and I couldn’t watch anything until I’d removed it.
Has anybody else seen this?

Netflix, I presume?

Just tell them you’ve detected they’re supplying a sub-standard quality due to their reduced bandwidth and you’re only using a DNS to get the proper quality back :D

Lol VPN's are virtually pointless and in most cases are just a waste of money. Unless of course you're desperate to handover extra money to prop up Netflix.

Anyhoo. I heard netflix have been running at a financial loss for years. Now they've discovovered a nice easy way of ripping off customers in the UK, expect it to be rolled out rather quietly elsewhere before too long.

My guess is it will not get back to normal resolution before 1st of June. Purely speculative with little logic, but there you go.

any takers on a speculative date prediction?
Good job you didn’t put money on it lol

If i was Netflix i would begin to invest in DNS services.. Charge 16 million more customer the same for half bit-rate and get an additional kick back from the DNS providers ;)

I have cancelles netflix tonight too, not continuing to pay for a service I dont recieve.

The person above with the DNS issue where you have been detected, the only way you can stop it is to add the DNS to your router. If you are on BT you cant manually input a DNS.

Was Apple TV + ever effected by the reduced bitrate?, I played something today and it looked better, but I can't be sure as I can't get the bitrate info.

Pretty sure it was.

I know a lot of 4K films would only play back in HD DV, but would play in full fat 4K DV when using a DNS.

Several people reporting today that the affected films were now correctly playing in 4K without the need for a DNS, so it looks like Apple have reverted to full bitrate.

Now we just need Netflix to pull their fingers out.

Was good while it lasted but I'm getting error on proxy server through Netflix when using dns4me. Hopefully they'll go back to normal soon.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom