NEWS: Denon AVR-X4500H & AVR-X3500H AV Receivers launched

I own the lowly X1400H and love it; i'm sure these are absolute beasts for the price!
Do these include the Audyssey Room EQ Programme, or a different one?

Ive already got the 4300H but that 200w per channel does look appealing.

Ive already got the 4300H but that 200w per channel does look appealing.

That 200 watt per channel isn't appealing, just misleading. The new receivers will have the exact same amplification power available to them per channel as the models they replace. The hardware components associated with the amplification are unlikely to be anything other than what Denon are already utilising within their current receivers.

Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.05% 2ch Drive)
AVRX4500 125 watts
AVR-X4500H

AVRX4400 125 watts
AVR-X4400H | Multichannel amplifier with 3D sound

I think you'll find that your even older AVRX4300 has the exact same rated power.

Last edited:
How can they quote more power per channel and then not deliver it?

How can they quote more power per channel and then not deliver it?

It depends upon how they rate it and relative to what. Simply lower the impedance being imposed and the power rating will increase. Decrease the number of channels being used and measured at any one time and the power available increases. Increase the THD tolerance and you get higher wattage prior to that tolerance being exceeded.

And so the annual merry-go-round starts. Will just have to carry on with my poor old steam powered 6200. Roll on the 6900.:smashin:

Amazing how much the price of electronics have bumped up. I remember when the X4300 was reviewed and it's srp was ÂŁ899. Now we're looking at a ÂŁ600 price hike for not a lot more.

Amazing how much the price of electronics have bumped up. I remember when the X4300 was reviewed and it's srp was ÂŁ899. Now we're looking at a ÂŁ600 price hike for not a lot more.

The original recommended retail price for the AVRX4400 was much the same as the proposed price for the AVRX4500. THe lower prices are only as a result of discounts awarded post launch. Almost all AV receivers generally decrease in price during their time on store shelves and the AVRX4500 will in all probability be selling for much the same as its predecessor when it comes to this time next year.

The original recommended retail price for the AVRX4400 was much the same as the proposed price for the AVRX4500. THe lower prices are only as a result of discounts awarded post launch. Almost all AV receivers generally decrease in price during their time on store shelves and the AVRX4500 will in all probability be selling for much the same as its predecessor when it comes to this time next year.
Yes I know but I'm talking about the X4300 which was ÂŁ899 when reviewed by AVF. Unless it was reviewed during 'discount period' you mention. Was the X4300 launched at around ÂŁ1500 aswell?

Yes I know but I'm talking about the X4300 which was ÂŁ899 when reviewed by AVF. Unless it was reviewed during 'discount period' you mention. Was the X4300 launched at around ÂŁ1500 aswell?

It was reviewed some time after it was actually made available and did originally have a suggested retail price that equates to what is expected for the AVRX4500.

Not a lot. Yearly upgrades are there to sucker in the compulsive upgraders. My old 5010 still does everything I need, so it shall remain for another year.

There doesn’t seem to be anything at all different to my 4400, I guess they are just waiting on HDMI 2.1 as their isn’t anything else new coming is there?

Only got it a couple of months ago and was a bit worried the 4500 would have it but glad I did now since it was over 50% cheaper!

Doesn’t the X4500 have more comprehensive Alexa control/support over the X4400 or can they both do the same thing.

There doesn’t seem to be anything at all different to my 4400, I guess they are just waiting on HDMI 2.1 as their isn’t anything else new coming is there?

Only got it a couple of months ago and was a bit worried the 4500 would have it but glad I did now since it was over 50% cheaper!

Same here. I always buy this level of receiver and get them for pretty much half the RRP by getting them at the right time of year.

I only replaced my X4000 with the X4400 because the lack of HDMI 2.0 was becoming a pain. I can't imagine I'll change again until 2.1 becomes important.

On the Denon website here:
AVR-X4500H

You can compare the specifications between the different models. The difference between the 4400 and the 4500 are quite surprising. Looks like, amongst some other things, they have added gold plated RCA's to the 4500 but removed bass sync.

With the Alexa integration in the newer Denon models, when you ask a question, does it lower the volume and respond through the AVR? Regardless of which source you are watching/listening to?

No point upgrading my X-3200W until HDMI 2.1 is around.

And even then my priority will most likely be a new OLED with HDMI 2.1 :)

No point upgrading my X-3200W until HDMI 2.1 is around.

And even then my priority will most likely be a new OLED with HDMI 2.1 :)
Maybe next year then.

With the Alexa integration in the newer Denon models, when you ask a question, does it lower the volume and respond through the AVR? Regardless of which source you are watching/listening to?
Yes, and you can also switch inputs too.

Amp specs for the X4300, X4400 and X4500

Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.05% 2ch Drive)
125 W X4300
125 W X4400
125 W X4500
Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 0.7% 2ch Drive)
165 W X4300
165 W X4400
165 W X4500
Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 1% 1ch Drive)
200 W X4300
200 W X4400
200 W X4500

The Arcam AVR's advertise their wattage with all channels driven which is why they're not 200w p/c all these mass produced amps will find a way to give higher output as a sales gimmick I would take the claimed output with a pinch of salt. :D

More than happy with my 4400H and not bothered about Alexa. Still a gimmick IMHO.
I thought the same about Alexa.....until I bought one and starting using it!

Whether it’s worth paying the extra over the current price of the 4400H is another matter though. You pays your money and takes your choice!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom