NEWS: Denon launches DRA-800H Stereo Network Receiver

Makes perfect sense...

A better replacement for a soundbar and less hassle than a full fat surround system with the added benefit of being a dedicated stereo system.

Glad a stereo AV receiver has hit the market but shame the price is so high ! Multiple ports with similar can be had for less.

It's not that bad price wise if you look at the Arcam SR250 as a competitor. Obv the Arcam is a league above, but there should be a decent market for this.

Looks like it has potential - 2xOptical, 1xCoaxial, 5xHDMI Inputs, Wired and Wireless Network Streaming. 100w/ch - seems like an amp made for the modern age. Before I go too ga-ga though, I'd like to see the price tag.

Apparently £599, which seems in about the right ball-park.

Steve/bluewizard

For me it visually just looks like a low range Denon AVR.

While aesthetics absolutely shouldn't be a priority it's a shame the design is so dull.

Looks like it has potential - 2xOptical, 1xCoaxial, 5xHDMI Inputs, Wired and Wireless Network Streaming. 100w/ch - seems like an amp made for the modern age. Before I go too ga-ga though, I'd like to see the price tag.

Apparently £599, which seems in about the right ball-park.

Steve/bluewizard

Any thoughts on using this to drive a pair of LS50's? I'm using them in my office with the primary source use being music/ movies/ games. Seems like it would be a good fit. My only hold up is that there isn't a specific rating for 4ohm and I know the LS50s can be quite difficult to drive.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom