NEWS: Disney+ streaming service launches in UK

@tasker makes a very good point about "The rise of Skywalker". You would think there would be some loyalty towards Disney+ subscribers for new Disney films. When Netflix bring out their own films such as "Annihilation" and "The Irishman", they don't keep them back from their own customers while making sales on the blurays.

@tasker makes a very good point about "The rise of Skywalker". You would think there would be some loyalty towards Disney+ subscribers for new Disney films. When Netflix bring out their own films such as "Annihilation" and "The Irishman", they don't keep them back from their own customers while making sales on the blurays.
For the same reason Black Widow has been delayed rather than put on Disney+.

But then Netflix has never been in the business of selling new films, they specifically make them to screen on their own platform. How many Netflix series or films are even available to buy on any platform?

If Disney purely made films for D+ I could understand it, but the majority of stuff they make is for cinema release, which then leads to the normal home release sales/rentals, before eventually going to streaming, Sky it wherever, so itā€™s just following the normal pattern.

is this service available with dolby vision/atmos yet? if not do we know when it will be?

is this service available with dolby vision/atmos yet? if not do we know when it will be?
Dolby Vision has always been available. Not sure if Atmos is available yet, I haven't checked.

I bloody love the service.

Weā€™ve watched a ton of content, loads of shows. Been invaluable during this time.

Spain is getting ā€˜The Rise of Skywalkerā€™ on May 4th so hopefully other regions will follow suit

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone knows when the streaming quality restrictions would be lifted?

We are getting 6-12 Mbps 1440p as opposed to 16-24 Mbps 2160p.

Netflix mentioned 30 days originally, which has been and gone. No sign of anything returning to normal though.

Donā€™t think any of the others mentioned any timeframe.

Spain is getting ā€˜The Rise of Skywalkerā€™ on May 4th so hopefully other regions will follow suit
May the fourth be with you.....Always.
Taxi for Osborne

According to the What's On Disney Plus website, the UK & Ireland will be getting The Rise Of Skywalker on the 4th of May too. The Netherlands, Australia and New Zealand will be getting it 3rd May.

Now, that website has been wrong about stuff in the past, but being so near to the date I think it should be correct.

May the fourth be with you.....Always.
Taxi for Osborne
According to the What's On Disney Plus website, the UK & Ireland will be getting The Rise Of Skywalker on the 4th of May too. The Netherlands, Australia and New Zealand will be getting it 3rd May.

Now, that website has been wrong about stuff in the past, but being so near to the date I think it should be correct.

This is the way!

Rise of Skywalker has disappeared from UK Disney +. Earlier today the page that said coming May 4th was present. Now it is not, so perhaps it won't come on May 4th after all?

Just checked again and it is back and on my watchlist lol

I wonder if this will be the same master as the Disc release? Seems like the discs for the other ones have been different from the D+ ones.

Definitely coming to D+, just had this email
1587996901621.png

US are getting it on the 5th it seems from the email i received as i originally signed up via the US when it first launched. How they couldn't manage to launch it worldwide on the 4th is beyond me. Least they will all be there now and i can start a full binge eventually

Now we just need to see if it will be full fat 4K with DV and Atmos!

I feel we will be heavily disappointed on that front.

Well it definitely won't be in the UK.
Still a week to lift the restrictions.

they could just lift it for that one film. itā€™s got to be their biggest release so far.

I imagine it will still be 4K (reduced) and DV.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom