NEWS: Harman Kardon launches Citation Amp

This looks interesting, and is a potential competitor to the Bluesound PowerNode 2i with a lower price tag. What the information doesn't yet appear to detail is what platform the streaming features use. I wonder whether it will be based on the same software as Arcam's MusicLife, in which case it won't quite match the flexibility of the Bluesound platform.

I think we'll see more and more of this type of product and it will be interesting to watch the market develop.

Very interested as well. According to the manual, it even has a digital crossover for sub-sat systems. More powerful amplifier than the comparable Nad Amp1. Able to integrate citation surrounds. Could be my next amp.

This looks interesting, and is a potential competitor to the Bluesound PowerNode 2i with a lower price tag. What the information doesn't yet appear to detail is what platform the streaming features use. I wonder whether it will be based on the same software as Arcam's MusicLife, in which case it won't quite match the flexibility of the Bluesound platform.

I think we'll see more and more of this type of product and it will be interesting to watch the market develop.
as far as i can tell there is no dedicated software/app for using this combo, i hope i am not wrong but it seems to me the sound comes through built in chromecast...and you are using individual apps to send music to device, be it spotify, tidal, bubble upnp, mconnect, etc...there is no dedicated harman app for this device...it'a a negative in my book, but on the other hand it's not such a big deal because chromecast built in is a big advantage over bluesound...(plus remote in the box as the standard package)....

otherwise, i like the concept of this all in one device, and hope to see more of them...i have noticed some other thing and that's limited availability, it looks like nowhere to be found amp, harman marketing should step up its game...even official harman distributors in my country doesn't have it and don't know nothing about it, which is strange...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom