NEWS: Hisense launches H8F and H9F ULED TVs in US

They sooooo need to release these in the UK. So many people in the UK want FALD TV's as they don't want to risk the OLED burn in problem and they want the best picture quality and deep blacks etc that edge lit simply doesn't offer. Especially gamers, and gaming is now the biggest industry. Only problem is the only FALD TV's you can buy in the UK are Samsung now. And the price of Samsungs 2019 TV range is ridiculously overpriced for what it is. Samsung's cheapest FALD TV is the Q70R at £1,499 for a 49". And it only has 48 dimmable zones!! I purchased Panasonics flagship 2017 TV the 58" DX902 HDR Premium 4K TV with 512 dimmable FALD zones for just £1,200 with a 6 yr guarantee. So for Samsung to offer a low end 49" with only 40 dimmable zones for £1,499 2 yrs later is laughable. My Panasonic even has more zones than Samsungs high end offering of the 2019 range, the Q90R. And it was under half the price. So there is a big market for Hisense 2019 FALD TV's in the UK for sure. If they offer bigger screen sizes, more zones and at a wayyyy cheaper price they would clean up in the UK market.

Samsungs cheapest FALD is the Q70R 49" with 48 dimmable zones for £1,499.

Hisense is the H8F 50" with 60 dimmable zones for just $399 (£315)

Or the Hisense H9F 55" with 132 dimmable zones for just $699 (£550)

It's a no brainer, Hisense is far better value for money. And the Hisense TV's look better quality and more stylish than Samsungs 2019 offerings. Get some influential gaming YouTubers to talk about how Hisense 2019 TV's have more zones than Samsung and are under half the price and are way better than any edge lit sets and watch them fly off of the shelves like hot cakes.
Also, a lot of gamers are lapping up cheap 8 Bit TV's with 350 Nits peak brightness thinking they are getting HDR only to be disappointed when they realise the TV they have bought doesn't have enough Nits to do HDR. So offering them 700 Nits to 1000 Nits and FALD at a cheap price is win win for Hisense.

Think we are getting slightly different versions in the UK called the u7b, and u8b. The latter has 130 dimmable ones and 1000 nts HDR, being advertised for sale on amazon for £1099 (65 inch). The good news is that they include dolby vision, HDR+, but would have been nice if they had more dimmable zones. The next model up is this years u9a which doesn't have vision or HDR+. The USA models are Android and include quantum dot, which we don't get in the UK. I have the last Hisense FALD K720 which is brilliant, and would be interested in a new FALD from Hisense.

Hi, I asked hisense about these a few weeks ago. I got this response.

Hi, no these are US models only and running Android. We don’t have an equivalent to compare I’m afraid.

The list below is the range we will be launching from June – from entry HD 32” to 55” OLED

H32B5600UK

H40B5600UK

H43B7100UK

H50B7100UK

H55B7100UK

H65B7100UK

H43B7500UK

H50B7500UK

H55B7500UK

H65B7500UK

H75B7510UK

H50U7BUK

H55U7BUK

H65U7BUK

H55U8BUK

H65U8BUK

H55O8BUK

I then asked if they'd be releasing something to replace u9a but I got no response.

That is a shame think I read somewhere that they are carrying forwards U9a, although AO have it on clearance. The new 75 ULED is only available in China. Seems like they don't have a plan. A decent 65" with a high number of FALD zones, 2000 nts, dolby vision would do very well.

Think we are getting slightly different versions in the UK called the u7b, and u8b. The latter has 130 dimmable ones and 1000 nts HDR, being advertised for sale on amazon for £1099 (65 inch). The good news is that they include dolby vision, HDR+, but would have been nice if they had more dimmable zones. The next model up is this years u9a which doesn't have vision or HDR+. The USA models are Android and include quantum dot, which we don't get in the UK. I have the last Hisense FALD K720 which is brilliant, and would be interested in a new FALD from Hisense.
Same. I'm after a couple of 50" FALD TV's. They simply aren't availible in the UK though. I sent Hisense UK a tweet recently saying people in the UK want FALD and they got back to me saying they would pass the feedback onto thier department. So the more of us that tweet them telling them we want FALD the more likely we will get them. Just a shame they aren't here right now like they are in the US. The US has lots of FALD options with Samsung, TCL, Hisense, Vizio etc etc.

That is a shame think I read somewhere that they are carrying forwards U9a, although AO have it on clearance. The new 75 ULED is only available in China. Seems like they don't have a plan. A decent 65" with a high number of FALD zones, 2000 nts, dolby vision would do very well.
It's a bit odd as when you watch AV forums interview Hisense UK recently they seem pretty clued up and have a plan in place. But to me it seems like they have gotten it pretty wrong. They said they basically want to muscle in and be one of the top 3 brands and grow to be a more popular brand etc. But they are missing so many tricks. And when you watch what YouTubers they give their 2019 sets out to review those YouTubers haven't got much of a clue at all. They give them out to totally wrong YouTubers. One review i watched they just spent the entire video talking about android on it. And most of them don't mention they are FALD.

Hi, I asked hisense about these a few weeks ago. I got this response.

I then asked if they'd be releasing something to replace u9a but I got no response.
I've seen the H50U7BUK in Argos. Its yet another edge lit TV for the UK market. Everything below that model is edge lit or bottom lit and above is OLED. I'm not sure who will pay £1499 for a Hisense OLED. It seems LG is the go to for OLED in the UK and you can get an LG OLED for £999. Give people the choice between the 2 and they take the LG OLED home 100% of the time i bet. Because LG is one of the top names and well known for OLED.

I'm not sure who will pay £1499 for a Hisense OLED. It seems LG is the go to for OLED in the UK and you can get an LG OLED for £999. Give people the choice between the 2 and they take the LG OLED home 100% of the time i bet. Because LG is one of the top names and well known for OLED.
Just as i said this news has come in that Philips has pulled out of selling it's 2019 OLED's in Australia as Hisense has just suffered big losses releasing its high end OLED's in Australia. It's so obvious that if you release a high end Hisense OLED that costs more than LG OLED you are setting yourself up for a fall. When it comes to OLED LG is main name that people think of when they think OLED. And Hisense is seen as a cheap brand. It's like trying to get people to pay more for a KIA car when they can buy a Bently for a cheaper price. Philips drops OLED TV launch Down Under after Hisense failure Someone at Hisenese's research department needs firing.

Any news on whether these will be coming to the UK?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom