NEWS: Hisense U8QF TV heads UK 2020 range

Considering wide angle technology always seems to lower the contrast, why not look for a good IPS or OLED? The IPS black level ‘problem’ is only really noticeable in a near dark environment.
I've had burn in before on OLED smartphones and know people who have had burn in on tvs. I watch news channels and game I don't want to baby a tv just to prevent burn in.

I am looking at the LG Nano 95 and Nano 99, plus Samsung and Sony LCDs with wide angle filters. Would of definitely bought the Hisense duel cell LCD if it was coming to the UK this year and had decent viewing angles.

I've had burn in before on OLED smartphones and know people who have had burn in on tvs. I watch news channels and game I don't want to baby a tv just to prevent burn in.

I am looking at the LG Nano 95 and Nano 99, plus Samsung and Sony LCDs with wide angle filters. Would of definitely bought the Hisense duel cell LCD if it was coming to the UK this year and had decent viewing angles.
Ah, I see. I’d probably pick a high end LG IPS with local dimming then personally. Everything that LG offers (interface etc) at that level is outstanding IMO.
Panasonic used to have some incredible tech with IPS+ local dimming but I doubt they’ll ever make it again.

Anything other than dead centre seating position for a VA LCD television is a no go for myself personally and lot's of others too. Unfortunate as the Hisense U8QF does look like a good television regarding picture quality.
No, that's not correct. My ZD9 in the parlour, which is a VA LCD, is good up to at least 30 degrees off centre horizontally. Though why anyone would buy a premium television (it's a different argument for a possibly lower-quality LCD screen that's used as a public display such as an information screen at a supermarket, where it's important that many people are able to view the screen at any one time) for use in the home, and then want to watch it at more than 30 degrees off centre is quite beyond me.

No, that's not correct. My ZD9 in the parlour, which is a VA LCD, is good up to at least 30 degrees off centre horizontally. Though why anyone would buy a premium television (it's a different argument for a possibly lower-quality LCD screen that's used as a public display such as an information screen at a supermarket, where it's important that many people are able to view the screen at any one time) for use in the home, and then want to watch it at more than 30 degrees off centre is quite beyond me.
I briefly saw the Sony ZD9 (great tv BTW) in a store a few years ago. Excellent picture quality but the colours definitely were washed out even slightly off centre, some people don't notice these things other's do. Rtngs who know what they're talking about also say the Sony ZD9 has a poor viewing angle as do various other in depth tests of the tv -
PicsArt_05-28-06.09.38.jpg
PicsArt_05-28-06.09.58.jpg

You would be surprised the amount of people who buy a premium television that's 30 degrees or more off centre. Not many living rooms here in the UK have a perfectly symmetrical dead centre viewing angle for their television.

Last edited:
Why the international version have a 10 bits panel and for Europe ONLY a 8 bits panel 🤮🤮🤮?
Correct, panels are not the same in Europe vs. US so you cannot compare H9G reviews, youtube videos, etc. to UQ8F. I emailed Hisense on this, as I would also like Android TV..they said only that only the US set H9G has AndroidTV. I believe they are avoiding AndroidTV perhaps due to privacy laws in Europe/Germany? Anyway UQ8F could be a great set but just look at specific European reviews for this model, not H9G.

another price drop on the 55" now £899

Can you trust this website? See differences between these (not the same panel):

65H9G:
10-bit
180 zone local dimming

65U8QF
8-bit + FRC
132 zone local dimming
This review also confirms 8-bit +FRC:

Easy compare:

the specifications of displayspecification.com is not correct because the 65 inch has 180 zones not 132 zones we have already beaded on this site ! :)
so do not rely on the specifications of this site.

the specifications of displayspecification.com is not correct because the 65 inch has 180 zones not 132 zones we have already beaded on this site ! :)
so do not rely on the specifications of this site.
Cool thank you.

Also quick update - as someone else mentioned do not rely on the specs on the site I referred to, my bad.

Hisense responded to my query about panel differences between US & Europe (below). Leading me to believe the US and UK version could be the same panel (but different OS). Going to be seriously looking at these for my next purchase. I have a 43" Hisense 4K HDR television I purchased a few years ago that I've thoroughly enjoyed.

Dear Hisense Customer,

As of right now, I believe we have one UK model with a 10 bit panel, the O8B however this is a OLED TV not QLED and while I cannot confirm the state of the US market or what they have to offer, all of our QLED models are currently 8 bit.

Last edited:
8 bits+frc or 10 bits, are you sure that you or those who do reviews in England will know the difference? And if so, let's look at the US model.Тo tell by eye how many bits it is?
When someone is talking about TVs, they have to sit down and watch real TV first. And then think of flaws. It's amazing how a model that is the best lcd tv in the usa in england can turn out to be below the middle class 50hz edge led tv?

Obviously there is something rotten, but is it in Denmark?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom