NEWS: Hisense U8QF TV heads UK 2020 range

In addition, both the U8QF and U7QF are equipped with a Direct Lit LED Panel, with the top of the range U8 using Full Array Dimming Pro to control the brightness and contrast and the U7 sporting Full Array Local Dimming, which presumably uses fewer dimming zones, though no zone numbers have been cited by Hisense for the TVs.

tenor.gif

Hisense HU8QF
65 inch 180 dimming zones
55 inch 132 dimming zones

U7QF
65 inches 90 dimming zones
55 Inches 72 dimming zones
50 Inches 32 dimming zones

Not a huge number of dimming zones but this can be mitigated somewhat by the local dimming algorithm. In the past, Sony showed that it could make TVs with much fewer dimming zones look almost as good as their superior TV, so they stopped making it lol. I'm not confident that Hisense has or even cares about having such a skill.

Not a huge number of dimming zones but this can be mitigated somewhat by the local dimming algorithm. In the past, Sony showed that it could make TVs with much fewer dimming zones look almost as good as their superior TV, so they stopped making it lol. I'm not confident that Hisense has or even cares about having such a skill.

Stop hating. The 65U8QF got already reviewed by a german home entertainment magazine.
Summary:
BestvTV in its price range, great dimming algorithm, peak brigtness 1406 Nits, good Motion clarity.

854 points of 1005
very good 85%

Haters gonne hate.

:thumbsup: My 55U7QF is coming on Monday.
I was just thinking that clearly looked like the sweet spot in terms of size/diming zones and no-doubt price too! Just a shame it's only a 60hz panel.

How good is their OS and apps compared to LG Web OS. What I love about LG is that pretty much all the apps are available and playback with 4K/HDR(if applicable in content).

As a Sony and Panasonic fan, I can confidently say that Hisense have impressed me with every TV of theirs I’ve owned.

The build quality is equal to Panasonic and they’ve always been solid, pleasing products that punch well above price.

No TV is perfect and considering they’re only 50 years old as a company and have only really been making premium grade TVs for the last 15 or so years, they’ve achieved a lot.
Reminiscent of Huawei in smartphones.

They nearly always use TCL’s VA panels and those have some of the best native contrast and viewing angles for VA-type already.

How good is their OS and apps compared to LG Web OS. What I love about LG is that pretty much all the apps are available and playback with 4K/HDR(if applicable in content).
Not as good, but it’s catching up although it covers all the basics and has good compatibility.
More like Samsung’s 2014-5 Smart Hub in design and performance.

If internal OS is important to you, I’d stick with WebOS, Sony Android or maybe Samsung’s.

But... Hisense have Roku TVs (seemingly Argos exclusive) which have a nice, no frills interface with a great app selection.

Last edited:
I was just thinking that clearly looked like the sweet spot in terms of size/diming zones and no-doubt price too! Just a shame it's only a 60hz panel.
I think the 60/120 debate can be exaggerated. I’ve gone from 120 to 60, and as long as its an inherently fast panel (in other words... not from Innolux!), I don’t find it even noticeable in real world use.

Hisense H65U8QF im Test

Hisense H65U8QF im Test

Haters am cry.

They nearly always use TCL’s VA panels and those have some of the best native contrast and viewing angles for VA-type already.
Just a pity no wide viewing angle filter like some of the Sony and Samsung VA LCD tvs. The viewing angles will be very poor for the Hisense U8QF & U7QF.

Fine if your regular seating position is dead centre to the television. But otherwise will be not very good viewing angles if sat anywhere else.

Fine if your regular seating position is dead centre to the television. But otherwise will be not very good viewing angles if sat anywhere else.
This is applicable for a TN panel with a VA panel, we can go up to around 45 °, so it's not bad ! ;)

Hisense H65U8QF im Test

I just the U7QF is just as favourable 🤞

This is applicable for a TN panel with a VA panel, we can go up to around 45 °, so it's not bad ! ;)
Anything other than dead centre seating position for a VA LCD television is a no go for myself personally and lot's of others too. Unfortunate as the Hisense U8QF does look like a good television regarding picture quality.

exemple: Hisense H9F Viewing Angle

but we don't know exactly how it's going to be on the U8QF, we have to wait for extensive tests !

:

exemple: Hisense H9F Viewing Angle

but we don't know exactly how it's going to be on the U8QF, we have to wait for extensive tests !

:

The viewing angles are better than the previous model.(Don't know which model they mean)

Also from the review TV should be viewed from a 30 degrees angle or lower.

Hope this helps.

The viewing angles are better than the previous model.(Don't know which model they mean)

Also from the review TV should be viewed from a 30 degrees angle or lower.

Hope this helps.
That's lasts years 2019 Hisense H9F in the linked video. Rtngs said the picture looked washed out even viewed slightly off angle. Very poor viewing angles when viewed off centre -

PicsArt_05-27-07.44.21.jpg
PicsArt_05-27-07.43.47.jpg

The 2020 Hisense U8QF doesn't have a wide viewing angle filter like some of the Samsung and Sony VA LCD televisions. So Hisense aren't going to miraculously make the U8QF any better with viewing angles than last years H9F.

So buy a Samsung TV then. Not my problem.
I always sit in the center so I don't give a f about viewing angles.
I'm looking at LCD tvs from various manufacturers Sony, Samsung, LG. My normal seating position on the sofa located side of the wall is off centre by a good margin. Only sit dead centre for dvds, blu rays, 4K blu ray discs but have to bring a arm chair through to do so. Ps good for you! :clap:

Anything other than dead centre seating position for a VA LCD television is a no go for myself personally and lot's of others too. Unfortunate as the Hisense U8QF does look like a good television regarding picture quality.
I have a Hisense (2018 ULED upper midrange model) and the viewing angle is the best I’ve ever seen for a VA panel, but it’s a lottery isn’t it? I’ve had some VA panels from other brands where one side had a terrible picture and that was extremely annoying.

I’d imagine Hisense is able to get these better (but not Samsung QLED/Sony X-wide angle better) viewing angles from a pixel shifting technology TCL developed in their panels a few years ago as they buy panels from TCL.

Considering wide angle technology always seems to lower the contrast, why not look for a good IPS or OLED? The IPS black level ‘problem’ is only really noticeable in a near dark environment.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom