NEWS: IFA 2017: Toshiba re-enters market with 4K OLED HDR TV

It's still cheaper than any other 65 on the market today isn't it?
No, c7 and b7 65" are 3k, some people have got them even less for 2.7k after 10% discount. But as they are using LG panels will be the same crappy Banding, and Toshiba never had LCD sets that were better than Sony Panasonic Samsung etc I don't expect their sets to be any better either.

No, c7 and b7 65" are 3k, some people have got them even less for 2.7k after 10% discount. But as they are using LG panels will be the same crappy Banding, and Toshiba never had LCD sets that were better than Sony Panasonic Samsung etc I don't expect their sets to be any better either.
Ah yes, £4500 RRP though?

Everyone is using LG panels, do the Sony and Panasonic have banding? Not seen any complaints about that but not looked that hard either.

Ah yes, £4500 RRP though?

Everyone is using LG panels, do the Sony and Panasonic have banding? Not seen any complaints about that but not looked that hard either.
Same panels so same issues across the board, most seem to show a thick right side band amongst other bands that this year's panels seem to have. A Toshiba panel will show the same thing. What os will this Toshiba have?

Same panels so same issues across the board, most seem to show a thick right side band amongst other bands that this year's panels seem to have. A Toshiba panel will show the same thing. What os will this Toshiba have?

They will have their own Os, seen it in action via a video..reviewer said simple and clean !!!! Ahhhhhhhhh
Very curious to see a proper review

See my post 8, boring long video but you can see some stuff in actions

really looking forward to a REAL review on this TV; if toshiba can manage to sell it for 1500 early 2018 i will get one !
TOSHIBA, please bring the X98 OLED to north africa !

Hi guys

well this is surprised for me

I "still" use my Tosh FHD panels! 2010&2012 models and so love it love it love it

"Vestel" one of the main producer(actually "assembling"!)
If Tosh procure all main parts and including software beside use LGD panel
so this is really good for me and and at least I will use in near future OLED
panel as well,IM not willing to pay any cent those "dead" TFT-LCD tech.!!

so lets see it what is going on

Bye++

For Tosh OLED panels(I mean TV);be patient

and forget "past" what was Tosh! you just focus on forward!

VESTEL;TVs>>all parts(including cabinet/backcover) imported mostly/maily from CHINA
same as all "other" pruducers!

Japan/Taiwan/Korea "forgot"(leave)any part production!

Long live CHINA!

For Vestel OLED TV "complete" imported>>Japan/Taiwan/Korea/CHINA
from power cord to back cover!

OLED modules from LGD/Korea as well as same as others!

Dont confuse,Vestel do it right so just patient and wait a little while

if behind under name of "TOSHIBA" it just enough for me

Just one important thing(for most of them) price price price!

ignore it what Techradar say,what AVF says etc.,
just follow up that what consumers/users say!

I'm 100% sure they will do it perfect

Bye++

Beside you can ignore it all other Vestel brand LCDs!
Vestel also produce under many "brands" TVs just ignore it such as Finlux
they use LGD panels and all models has IPS type as usual
All are they "Entry" level TVs! might be some of a very few of them MidLevel!

BUT "Toshiba OLED by Vestel" so different page!

++

Any news on toshiba anywhere? When and where are they hitting the shops?

the 65" has gone live a few days ago according to some trusty websites ! problem is..price has JUMPED to 4500 euros !!!! 55" is delayed to january 2018 ! and price will probably go up to !

the 65" has gone live a few days ago according to some trusty websites ! problem is..price has JUMPED to 4500 euros !!!! 55" is delayed to january 2018 ! and price will probably go up to !

WAIT A SECOND!!! What is this sound I am hearing? Someone's jumping from the roof again !!! Another Philips in the making ?
Edit: let's hope they release fast and at right price. At a time where you can get a 65 b7 for nearly £2600, wish them luck at that price...

Last edited:
Wow!!:rotfl:

Obviously it is a lot trickier getting a product to market than any of us can imagine - but I suppose "launching" products that never actually materialise will quickly turn prospective buyers against you.

At this stage you would imagine that they would be better simply scratching this years release and starting again in 2018 - that is if they can secure some 2018 panels.

Seems Vestel signed a 5 year deal with Toshiba back in 2015 but unless somebody can correct me they don't seem to have actually released a Toshiba TV yet in the UK.

the tv is already available...in France at least...i forgot to mention it above

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
New manufacturing methods how to produce oled panels are coming soon (LG invested a lot into developing a method to print the oled panels like a normal ink printer) . The price will drop significantly in the nearest years when technology is ready for mass production.

New manufacturing methods how to produce oled panels are coming soon (LG invested a lot into developing a method to print the oled panels like a normal ink printer) . The price will drop significantly in the nearest years when technology is ready for mass production.
Correct but we are way past that stage. Lines are installed and tested in 2017/18. Expect first output in 18/19 especially for big sizes (more margin)

Interesting to read, to early to know I expect, but is this to improve panel quality or to reduce the cost of the panels, or both, either way should we all be avoiding the 2017 models, as the 2018 oled's could be a lot cheaper without the known panel issues that seem to be around in this year's oled's.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom