NEWS: IFA 2020 gets new format for upcoming event

lgans316

Distinguished Member
For a moment thought we are getting 32K Micro LED TVs...:)

iFi audio

Standard Member
AVForums Sponsor
It's a responsible approach, to be honest. I can honestly see more 'virtual' shows appearing as we move forward. I have IFA experience just the once with iFi and I have to say it was amazing. The people, the buzz and the abundance of innovation were incredible. The atmosphere of this is impossible to create online but we all need to be responsible n our actions.

jmacc

Distinguished Member
It's a responsible approach, to be honest. I can honestly see more 'virtual' shows appearing as we move forward. I have IFA experience just the once with iFi and I have to say it was amazing. The people, the buzz and the abundance of innovation were incredible. The atmosphere of this is impossible to create online but we all need to be responsible n our actions.
Yep going forward I think it's going to be mostly online shows from now on.. covid or not..
The manufacturers will be able to reach many many more people and at the same time save an absolute ton of money.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Yep going forward I think it's going to be mostly online shows from now on.. covid or not..
The manufacturers will be able to reach many many more people and at the same time save an absolute ton of money.

I would rather they do this.

Nintendo started doing this in the gaming community. They stopped attending events and started doing Treehouse events.. better direct contact with their fans and customers.

If more companies adopted this properly, they could be in for much more brand loyalty, personality, customer interaction and improvements.

I mean who are LG? What are their personalities? Who is Sony? So many of these companies could do so much more in terms of their PR, presentation and communication with customers and fans. Look at Apple and how relatable and known their CEOs were (Steve Jobs.. Tim Cook etc.).

I wish more companies would do this rather than hide behind these stupid events.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
also I've lost faith in jouranlists now anyway at these events. they never ask the questions that are important to hardcore fans who watch their content cos the companies would find it too difficult to answer.

LG why are ur panels so Bandy?
Sony why do u release a HDMI 2.1 console and then make ur TVs including ur flagship TV HDMI 2.0?
Panasonic why do u not offer any 77'' Screen size equivalent?
What are ur stances on OLED burn in? What is abuse? What isn't?

No instead we just get jouranlists asking the most pathetic, safest questiones and letting these companies come off as some holy gods... if they wanna do that, why even do these events. Just release your own press videos and pay an employee to interview you lol.