NEWS: iPhone 11 leak video posted?

Way'd go Apple. Makes my decision to stay with Huawei P30 Pro for another Apple cycle a lot easier.

Hopefully huawei might become a viable alternative once they ditch android. I’d love the p30 camera but Android just sucks.

Hopefully huawei might become a viable alternative once they ditch android. I’d love the p30 camera but Android just sucks.

Android is worthless :/ There is no good alternative to iOS

This has always been my thoughts too whenever trying Android, I’ve always thought that while the cameras and screens are superb on some Android phones, it’s still Android and it’s just not as polished as IOS for me.

In regards to the next iPhone coming out this year, I’ll be keeping my XS, I doubt there will be any standout features that’ll sway me!

This has always been my thoughts too whenever trying Android, I’ve always thought that while the cameras and screens are superb on some Android phones, it’s still Android and it’s just not as polished as IOS for me.

In regards to the next iPhone coming out this year, I’ll be keeping my XS, I doubt there will be any standout features that’ll sway me!

Recently switched back to an iPhone after 2 years on a Galaxy S8 - apart from never getting used to the fingerprint scanner on the rear, I couldn't it.

Android though - sure, you're free to do more with it than iOS - but it always felt like Google and Samsung were having a fight over it.

I know that there were tons of comments about the design but still. I've visited some stores in Asia and the Androids phones look so much better these days...

I haven’t had a new iPhone since 2015 (6s plus), so tempted to take the plunge on one of these new ones. Should last me years.

I haven’t had a new iPhone since 2015 (6s plus), so tempted to take the plunge on one of these new ones. Should last me years.
How long do you think the 6s will last? I mean, it is highly possible that iOS 14 will cut off the support for 6s. So, if I buy 6s now, do I get 3-4 years of usage?

I have the XR but won't be buying this one. I usually get every other one as there is generally more of an advancement

How long do you think the 6s will last? I mean, it is highly possible that iOS 14 will cut off the support for 6s. So, if I buy 6s now, do I get 3-4 years of usage?
The iPhone 6s came out in 2015 and is already confirmed to support the next iOS 13. So the iPhone 6s has and is receiving five years of iOS support and updates. Expecting the iPhone 6s to still receive iOS 14 / 15 / whatever in 2023 - 2024, which would more accurately be eight-to-nine years of iOS updates, is very unlikely. Kind regards

The iPhone 6s came out in 2015 and is already confirmed to support the next iOS 13. So the iPhone 6s has and is receiving five years of iOS support and updates. Expecting the iPhone 6s to still receive iOS 14 / 15 / whatever in 2023 - 2024, which would more accurately be eight-to-nine years of iOS updates, is very unlikely. Kind regards
True, I've read some comments that the 6s runs pretty well so it is easy to forget that it's 4 years old model already.

I've got a 6S that i've been running the iOS13 public betas on and its been fine. Battery is starting to go a bit but that doesnt really affect me as i'm normally either in the office, travelling in the car with CarPlay connected or at home to keep it topped up when required. On the odd occasion i'm out all day with no access to a charging option i've got a battery pack thing i can use.

In terms of speed etc though its all fine.

I've got a 6S that i've been running the iOS13 public betas on and its been fine. Battery is starting to go a bit but that doesnt really affect me as i'm normally either in the office, travelling in the car with CarPlay connected or at home to keep it topped up when required. On the odd occasion i'm out all day with no access to a charging option i've got a battery pack thing i can use.

In terms of speed etc though its all fine.
Yeah, I wish Apple improves the battery life in the future. It is probably one of the biggest downsides of the iPhones.

Yeah, I wish Apple improves the battery life in the future. It is probably one of the biggest downsides of the iPhones.
To be honest my phone is from January 2016 so 3 and a half years old and the battery health is going hence the issues. Its only the last year or so i've had issues with the battery and to be honest i should have got it swapped when they had the deal on to do it cheaper but i never got a chance to get over to Meadowhall, Sheffield from where i am to get it done. For the first 2/2 and a half years the battery was fine and to be honest its not something that just affects iPhones, whilst we are messing about with things like folding phones and upping cameras to silly levels the one big jump that will make a massive difference is new battery tech to make things last longer.

Yep battery health affects everyone until scientists come up with a viable (incl. commercial) alternative that improves upon the lithium ion battery. Fair being fair it is not an "Apple problem". It is an entire industry problem

My Samsung Note 4 2014 model purchased 2015 has a removable battery and the ability to buy aftermarket anker / ravpower has really helped to extend the useable life of the handset. As is typical for android phones it stopped getting os updates long ago. Apple is far better in that respect for supporting hardware (see iPhone 6S discussion above). The best alternative is to have a manufacturer offer to replace a sealed in battery, which Apple offers albeit at a cost

It'd cost me £45 to get the battery swapped at Apple on my 6S, to be honest thats not unreasonable considering its being done with them with the correct proper battery and i'll get more use out of the phone instead of forking out hundreds\thousands on a brand new phone.The 6S is getting iOS13 support so thats another year of iOS updates at least

Anyone planning to watch the iPhone 11 thing on YouTube tomorrow????
Yes but they’re going to have to pull some rabbits out of the hat to persuade me to upgrade from my iPhone X. There was a rumour of a significant increase in battery on the 5.8” form, that might peak my interest.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom