NEWS: Kanto launches TUK active wireless speaker in UK

"It also gives us the ability to add an active crossover network in our speakers for the first time. "

Hmm. Somewhat misleading description of what is, basically, a powered passive speaker with an interesting range of inputs. The "active crossover" reference appears to apply only to the subwoofer line output - so bit of a stretch. Shame. Looks nice though.

Not active speakers at all.

But interesting all the same.

Enough inputs to be a complete modern hifi out of the box, and adding the 8” sub takes the price to £1000... not insurmountable for many.

Also, the white finish makes it quite friendly for modern decors.

And I’d imagine it to whip sound bars of a similar price too, if the tweeters are fettled even half right.

Not active speakers at all.

But interesting all the same.

Enough inputs to be a complete modern hifi out of the box, and adding the 8” sub takes the price to £1000... not insurmountable for many.

Also, the white finish makes it quite friendly for modern decors.

And I’d imagine it to whip sound bars of a similar price too, if the tweeters are fettled even half right.

I've heard these are the real deal.

They look great too.

I've heard these are the real deal.

They look great too.

Hifi plus and Alan Sircom seem impressed. And they do look very good.

Any chance we can have a more complete review? There are quite a few on the internet, but none of them feel complete.

Hi, just to add my experience, I bought a pair of Kanto Tuk speakers from amazon.fr, there was a loud very high frequency hum coming from the powered speaker, one of the woofers was off center by nearly 4mm and there was paint chips around the input lights, I contacted Kanto support for help with the hum, they were very hard to deal with and spent a week of emails back and forth only for them to tell me they wouldn't cover any warranty because amazon.fr wasn't a kanto reseller (even though they have an official shop front?) and I had paid a bit less than the RRP so they consider the speakers used even though they even had the invoice for the "new" speakers because thy consider no retailers to ever sell any of there products under their RRP!?

So anyone who buys one of there speaker from what seems to be most retailers (European ones anyway), or anyone who pays any less than full RRP have according to Kanto, NO MANAFACTURES WARRENTY! That's a lot of people!

I was lucky I got to find this out before my amazon return window closed.

In all it was a terrible experience from a company that has poor quality control and and terrible costumer service, I sent mine back for a refund and wished I never bought em.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom