NEWS: KLH speakers expand into Europe

Back in the day KLH made some very good Acoustic Suspension speakers. But I can't help wonder if the New KLH is going to continue that tradition, or if they are simply going to trade of a recognizable name?

I'll wait and see what they deliver for speakers and what the general consensus is, but I confess that until such time as feedback builds, I remain skeptical.

Here are their THREE main Floorstanding speakers. -

Quincy - 1x6.5", 1x5.25" - 3-way - 27hz-23khz@±3db - 95db - £998/pr suggested -

Quincy Floorstanding Speaker | KLH Audio Speakers (EU)

Cambridge - 2x5.25" - 2-way? - 33hz-23khz@-3db - 94db - £798/pr suggested -

Cambridge Floorstanding Speaker | KLH Audio Speakers (EU)

Kendell - 2x5.25", 3-way - 25hz-23khz@±3db - 96db - £1398/pr suggested -

Kendall Floorstanding Speaker | KLH Audio Speakers (EU)

And yes, that is what the specs say - 25hz@±3db with 96db Sensitivity.

On paper at least, things look pretty good, and the prices seem reasonable.

Steve/bluewizard

"Back in the day KLH made some very good Acoustic Suspension speakers"
Looks like the speaker that I had in the 1990s (rather retro).

Spec. as above look very competitive considering the price and size of drivers/boxes used.

Back in the 1960's my first speakers were a pair of KLH Floor standers. I was always impressed with them. Six months ago I saw that KLH were being reintroduced in to the UK, albeit with new owners etc. I looked around and found a pair of KLH Cambridge speakers from Audio Emotion. These were advertised at £490 per pair "Used", a huge saving over the new price of £798. When they were delivered and unpacked they gave the impression of never having been used. The real American Walnut veneer cabinets look lovely with a fit and finish that is beyond reproach. Everything about them gives the impression of quality.
I listen to a lot of what can be described as "Easy Listening" music using a Valve Amplifier. My previous speakers were Q Acoustic 2050's. I find the KLH speakers extremely smooth to listen to with extremely good separation, they never sound harsh at whatever volume I use. I am more than happy with them.
If I was to change them for any other speakers it would be for a set of KLH Quincy or Kendall Floor standers.

I have just purchased a KLH Windsor 12" active sub woofer to go with my KLH Cambridge Speakers. It was purchased from American Audio, a British company selling US Audio equipment. It was reduced from £629 down to £299. It is extremely heavy, looks good and performs well. I am very happy with it. My equipment comprises an Onkyo TX-NR905 AV receiver, MyRyad CD Player and Lenco L-3807 Turntable. I use a Majority Internet/SAB tuner for listening to radio stations.

I have just purchased a KLH Windsor 12" active sub woofer to go with my KLH Cambridge Speakers. It was purchased from American Audio, a British company selling US Audio equipment. It was reduced from £629 down to £299. It is extremely heavy, looks good and performs well. I am very happy with it. My equipment comprises an Onkyo TX-NR905 AV receiver, MyRyad CD Player and Lenco L-3807 Turntable. I use a Majority Internet/SAB tuner for listening to radio stations.
Hi sorry to hijack old thread but how are you finding the sub? If you still have it lol looking at upgrading my current sub but the Windsor doesn’t seem to have many reviews thanks

It's a great sub and for the price and build quality it's a steal. Unfortunately KLH is not that well known in the UK ,but based upon my own experience they deserve more recognition. The KLH 12" sub is a mighty beast and weighs a ton. My KLH Cambridge Floor standing speakers are lovely to look at and sound even better.

It's a great sub and for the price and build quality it's a steal. Unfortunately KLH is not that well known in the UK ,but based upon my own experience they deserve more recognition. The KLH 12" sub is a mighty beast and weighs a ton. My KLH Cambridge Floor standing speakers are lovely to look at and sound even better.
It is a beast haha have you used it for films?

I've used it for films and music. It was listed on American Audio, on ebay for £279, a great price but they only have the 10" one listed today at £219.

I've used it for films and music. It was listed on American Audio, on ebay for £279, a great price but they only have the 10" one listed today at £219.
I contacted them in dec American Audio did me a deal for the 12 for £264 might ask them again if I get it for that price haha you never know

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom