NEWS: LG 48-inch OLED TV now available in UK

Excellent news, richer sounds will no be stocking this TV, I received a call from them yesterday

Huh that make no sense are you sure ? :confused: it is available from them online and people have bought it from varies stores.

I think he meant to say ‘will now be stocking’ ?

Hopefully we might see some movement on price before too long.

Indeed, I want one for my living room but I’m not paying £100 less than a 55”

Same, good to see it finally on the website but its need to drop in price before i bite. Especially as i will be buying the burn in protection on top.

The TV is available online but you can't add the burn in protection ?

Is any one using this as part of a pc setup ? I’d like to know if you feel it’s too big etc. Am planning on having it wall mounted with a desk and my console and a pc

Indeed, I want one for my living room but I’m not paying £100 less than a 55”
How about paying £90 more? Currys have the 55CX for 1399 with the 48 at 1489. Other outlets also have the 55 for 1399. Confused I am.

How about paying £90 more? Currys have the 55CX for 1399 with the 48 at 1489. Other outlets also have the 55 for 1399. Confused I am.

That's just mental

That’s bonkers, the exact same TV in a larger screen size but cheaper?! 🤨

Maybe the 55's are not selling too well. The 48 could be the Goldilocks size for many - a large gaming monitor; an OLED for smaller rooms ; or those who think 48" is big enough. For large telly fans, 65" is the sort of de facto minimum now. Interesting to see what happens to the price of the 48 when the Currys/JL monopoly ends.

Been thinking about it, it's probably that the 55" (and 65") is a very mature size for them now, so they probably get very high production yields which can lower prices. The 48" panels are new, so yileds will likely be lower while they perfect tha manufacture of them, leading to higher prices.

Look at the 77" panels, which have come down in price each model year - no doubt as they get better at producing them

A lot of people will be attracted to the 48" screen size due to the fact that the majority of programs they view would just be a right mess and unwatchable on the bigger screens.

A lot of people will be attracted to the 48" screen size due to the fact that the majority of programs they view would just be a right mess and unwatchable on the bigger screens.

What a load of nonsense

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom