NEWS: LG BX OLED TVs now shipping

... very tempting. Except that I’m miffed the biggest is a mere 65”.

I have a 65" B6 which got screen burn in from watching Sky news at the start of lockdown. Was resigned to buying a replacement until I checked my paperwork and found it came with a free 5 year warranty from the supplier. I gave them a ring and they are expecting the BX in the next couple of weeks and will swap it for my B6 free of charge as an equivalent replacement! How lucky can you get.

BX brightness isnt very good its been noticeably reduced from the CX

Still a good price for a 65” OLED.

I had a plan for a projector, or an 85” tv to replace my 58” AX Panasonic.

But funds are now not at that level, and as I only ever watch film, or series in a very darkened room and broadcast tv not at all I doubt the brightness, if it’s a problem at all, will matter to me.

So BX65 it is it would seem.

What the difference in peak brightness in CX and BX range

I currently have a B8.
I know this BX is going to be a good upgrade for gaming but what about 4k HDR movie watching?
The reported low brightness concerns me.

Thing is the CX will likely be cheaper by the time black friday comes and these are out in the wild. No brainer really!

I am due to get the BX this weekend - managed to get the Very deal where 20% credited back to account - this will be my first OLED and really looking forward to seeing a great picture

I just purchased the 55" BX for gaming; I had a JL voucher burning a hole in my pocket.

Aware the reviews note the brightness is not best in the range but sure it will be fine for my gaming needs. I am lucky i have 77" CX for the movies in the front room.

I just purchased the 55" BX for gaming; I had a JL voucher burning a hole in my pocket.

Aware the reviews note the brightness is not best in the range but sure it will be fine for my gaming needs. I am lucky i have 77" CX for the movies in the front room.

Given the recent price cut; i upgraded the order to the CX 55” why not o_O

55" BX unboxing and initial set up. Out of the box picture of broadcast TV looks very good.

I have a 65" B6 which got screen burn in from watching Sky news at the start of lockdown. Was resigned to buying a replacement until I checked my paperwork and found it came with a free 5 year warranty from the supplier. I gave them a ring and they are expecting the BX in the next couple of weeks and will swap it for my B6 free of charge as an equivalent replacement! How lucky can you get.
Very lucky! Looking to get a LG OLED, who was your supplier?

Very lucky! Looking to get a LG OLED, who was your supplier?
Fenwick's of Newcastle.
They offered a new BX or £1063 for the remainder of the warranty.
John Lewis are now offering the CX for £2299 and have an add-on 5year insurance which specifically includes burn in damage. I am sorely tempted but was happy with the B6 so will go with the BX for zero cost.
Technology in TVs changes so fast I'll save my money for the next game changer

Where did you buy the set to get the 5 year warranty? Or is the warranty with LG?

Where did you buy the set to get the 5 year warranty? Or is the warranty with LG?
Fenwicks of Newcastle were the suppliers and gave their own 5 year guarantee which had no exclusion for burn in damage.
They changed the wording of the guarantee
a year or so ago to exclude it presumably because of the number of claims.

Deleted: Double post.

Result!

Fenwicks of Newcastle were the suppliers and gave their own 5 year guarantee which had no exclusion for burn in damage.
They changed the wording of the guarantee
a year or so ago to exclude it presumably because of the number of claims.

Bugger. I was going to get my next tv (OLED) from Fenwicks because of that.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom