NEWS: LG clarifies OLED recall reports

LG UK have clarified that UK models are not affected and they continue to monitor the situation.

Boom... no free tv guys :rotfl::rotfl::laugh::laugh:
Need to dip into your own pocket for your next tv :smoke:

That could be a problem... :(

da.jpg

All good but....voluntary replacement programme .....there is nothing voluntary, if they realeased faulty hardware they MUST replace it.
Dont like this play but corporations are like that.

My LG oled 65b7 burst into flames on the back in may/June. This was reported to LG and richer sounds - so them saying no reports in Europe/uk is a lie.
I own an OLED 65B7🔥(September 2017) No problems so far!!!!🤞

Last edited:
My LG oled 65b7 burst into flames on the back in may/June. This was reported to LG and richer sounds - so them saying no reports in Europe/uk is a lie.
I'd have to agree. My brother in laws 55E7 clearly overheated resulting in a huge splodge of prematurely aged pixels in the centre of the screen. Fortunately for him, the retailer he bought it from, Sevenoaks, replaced it without quibble and with an E8 to boot. They didn't even ask for the E7 back.

Paul

Whilst cleaning the tv stand last night I became aware of quite a bit of heat emanating from my 65 inch B7. Not noticed this before. It had not been on for very long either-maybe 20 minutes or so. Should I be concerned?

Whilst cleaning the tv stand last night I became aware of quite a bit of heat emanating from my 65 inch B7. Not noticed this before. It had not been on for very long either-maybe 20 minutes or so. Should I be concerned?
If it's extreme heat then yes, be concerned. However, all OLED's run warm, or more accurately, have warm screens. It's just an attribute of the technology.

Paul

So we carry on and if there is a fire, we then report it?....who on earth would have any confidence in these models (of which I own) having just received a warning message on my TV about overheating?

So we carry on and if there is a fire, we then report it?....who on earth would have any confidence in these models (of which I own) having just received a warning message on my TV about overheating?

I think you are looking for more than just a board change.

I think you are looking for more than just a board change.

Thanks for your unhelpful response. I’m not looking for anything apart from a TV that does not put my family or my house in danger...care to comment? If RS state it’s a board change and can guarantee our safety...brilliant, if they can’t, I want a replacement.

To have a message appear stating there is an issue...do I just ignore it and let RS or LG say don’t worry......we have a post above with the TV catching fire, I can’t think of anything more scary.

Im not after a new TV, which is what you sarcastically eluded to, I’m after a safe one.....repair it, replace it, but the fact 60000 have been recalled will forever have me thinking it’s a threat.

Last edited:
Turned on my tv tonight and was presented with the replacement boards notice with advice to visit LG support. I visited the link and they are indeed offering a replacement board for this model. However as I purchased the tv from Richer Sounds I will contact them in the morning and see what their stance on this is as I have the extended warranty with them.

Turned on my tv tonight and was presented with the replacement boards notice with advice to visit LG support. I visited the link and they are indeed offering a replacement board for this model. However as I purchased the tv from Richer Sounds I will contact them in the morning and see what their stance on this is as I have the extended warranty with them.
What panel size?

Turned on my tv tonight and was presented with the replacement boards notice with advice to visit LG support.
What's your TV's model number? And what's its manufactured date (stated on the label at the rear of your TV)...

I have contacted richersounds and had to complete an online repairs form. Awaiting their call within 24 hours. Advisor stated it could result in a replacement tv.

I’m afraid it does affect a lot of UK sets. My 65B7 had a strong hot plastic smell coming from it last Friday and since then it has kept switching off and rebooting itself. TV repair guy took it away to replace the suspected power board today and advised that they a replacing a lot of these currently.

Cannot believe LG has not done a UK recall. One guy on a UK site has commented that his set caught fire !! How dare they think it is ok to put you and your families lives at risk. I am absolutely fuming....

Quote from article : Update 08/10/2010 - One of our UK readers has been in touch to tell us that he had cause to contact LG earlier in the year to report that his LG-OLED65B7V “actually set on fire”. His TV was then repaired by the company.

Last edited:
I will never ever buy LG again. I am on my third panel. 1st for screen retention, 2nd for Banding and now this. Only had the TV about 30 months. Luckily all covered under 5yr warranty.

My LED Sony 3D Bravia is still going strong upstairs after at least 10 years and has never missed a beat.

Last edited:
Why do you want that information?
Because other people with the same model of TV built around the same time might find it useful...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom