NEWS: LG OLED TV recall in South Korea affects thousands

What would cause them only to North Korea? A specific batch only went there?

Possibly, but it happened year after year so..

We could possibly see the same here in time?, maybe it's a LG Europe decision to make?

Korea use 220-240v power supplies same as us in Europe, Usa use 110v so they are ok.
Korea could easily be sending the psu units with the rest of the tv parts to plants in Poland for assembly? worth keeping an eye on IF you have one of the models stated in the video.

Possibly, but it happened year after year so..

We could possibly see the same here in time?, maybe it's a LG Europe decision to make?

Korea use 220-240v power supplies same as us in Europe, Usa use 110v so they are ok.
Korea could easily be sending the psu units with the rest of the tv parts to plants in Poland for assembly? worth keeping an eye on IF you have one of the models stated in the video.

Yeah got a C7 at the moment so will be keeping my eye on this.

For the sake of accuracy... South Korea use 220 volts at 60Hz and North America use 120 volts at 60Hz...

For the sake of accuracy... South Korea use 220 volts at 60Hz and North America use 120 volts at 60Hz...
I see
I wonder if the 220 psu have the tolerance to run 50-60hz, no wonder our psu on 77" squeal and get so hot :rotfl:

I see
I wonder if the 220 psu have the tolerance to run 50-60hz, no wonder our psu on 77" squeal and get so hot :rotfl:
Have a look at the information label on the back of your TV. Mine has a power rating of '100 - 240 volts - 50/60Hz'...

Have a look at the information label on the back of your TV. Mine has a power rating of '100 - 240 volts - 50/60Hz'...
Ah so world wide then, I read somewhere a few days back that usa got 110 only supplies as someone was looking to import an oled from the USA... obviously not correct.
But the fact remains, definitely something to keep an eye on, given they are universal supplies for world wide use..
Can't get to the back of mine as it's mounted on the wall.

I`m in EU, my TV LG OLED65B7V was assembled in Poland.
On the back it says:
POWER: AC 100 - 240V ~ 50/60Hz 5.0A 500W
So looks to me like it would run basically anywhere.

I wonder if it`s any way related to this this gren blob issue on yellow screen, as that is due to heat I guess.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom