NEWS: LG's 2019 OLEDs to support Nvidia G-Sync

Great news, this I think is Nvidia adding HDMI-VRR to the G-Sync compatible branding (like they did with Freesync displays) though that remains to be seen until it's released.

Also keep in mind Nvidia are saying only the RTX 20xx series cards are getting this support, these cards are HDMI 2.0 ports only as well.

What that means is LG's G-Sync range is 40-120hz but for HDMI 2.0 ports that will top out as 1440p@120Hz to use the maximum range.

If your at 4K@60Hz over HDMI 2.0 then the likely range will be 40-60hz, still useful if targeting 60fps frame rates.

To get 40-120hz at 4K@120hz needs a HDMI 2.1 port of which there are none on the PG GPU market currently.

Now if LG could only add PCM 5.1 support to their eARC that would perfect the 2019 OLED's for PC gaming.

As a Nvidia 2080Ti owner with an LG C9 this is amazing news! I play at 4k, and though it's a powerful GPU, some games like Shadow of Tomb Raider hit more like 50fps on ultra settings.

This would be perfect for my rtx2080 and 4k gaming....

If they added DisplayPort 1.4 to the TV that would overcome the limitations of HDMI 2.0. Don't think they'd do that though.
It's a superb move by LG and has pushed their TVs to the front of my list for next TVs whenever that is. Hopefully others follow suit too.

There’s meant to be cables coming out soon that are DisplayPort 1.4 to hdmi 2.1. Don’t know if that will work fully on these TV’s or not though.

Wrote this in the c9 thread and thought it might be interesting here aswell:

Looking like g sync support is coming already this october! Hope we are getting it the next week or two. by the way, the g sync range for 1440p is 40-120hz according to the nvidia article below. Guessing 40-60 for 4k due to GPU hdmi 2.0 transfer speed limitations.

Are there any advantages/disadvantages from having my pc set as a pc vs a console in the LG input menu? I only use my pc for games.

With console you are able to configure more settings, but I don't know where's the difference...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom