NEWS: Marantz launch new range of AV Receivers with HEOS multiroom built-in

Anybody know if the 6012 and 7012 have retained the 7.1 multi channel analog audio inputs and DSD over HDMI that were on the 6011/7011? Can't seem to find this in the info so far. A shot of the rear panel would answer the first one!

If the info in the article is correct we will remain stuck at 7.1.4 for yet another product cycle. Disappointing.

Anybody know if the 6012 and 7012 have retained the 7.1 multi channel analog audio inputs and DSD over HDMI that were on the 6011/7011? Can't seem to find this in the info so far. A shot of the rear panel would answer the first one!
Yes the 6012 and 7012 retain the 7.1 channel analogue inputs and although I don't know for sure, I see no reason for Marantz to drop DSD over HDMI.

@Steve Withers
I have the Marantz AV7703 do you know if it will be able to get a firmware update for HLG and Dolby Vision?

Yes the 6012 and 7012 retain the 7.1 channel analogue inputs and although I don't know for sure, I see no reason for Marantz to drop DSD over HDMI.
Many thanks

I'm not sure what you mean by 'stuck at 7.1.4', as opposed to what?
No return of front wides, no increase in processed channels. I was hoping for 9.1.4 or at the very least the return of 9.1.2 as an option again as we had on the SR 7010.

No return of front wides, no increase in processed channels. I was hoping for 9.1.4 or at the very least the return of 9.1.2 as an option again as we had on the SR 7010.

The upcoming Denon AVRX6400 will include processing for 13 channels, but only integral amplification for 11. You'll have to wait until spring of next year for Denon's new flagship model that will include both 13 channels of integral amplification and processing.

The upcoming Denon AVRX6400 will include processing for 13 channels, but only integral amplification for 11. You'll have to wait until spring of next year for Denon's new flagship model that will include both 13 channels of integral amplification and processing.
Interesting will those 13 processed channels support both 7.1.6 and 9.1.4?

I'm currently doing 9.1.6 so looking forward to D&M processors that can do that using a single unit (+amps) in a few years instead of the 4 AVR solution I currently use.

id love to upgrade my marantz to this, wanting to drive a 2nd pair of stereo speakers, would it be suitable for that? HEOS looks cool too.

Would these new receivers be a good match with proac studio (125 and centre) speakers?

It still says Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, though.

SR7012 - what the hell is "bass synchronisation technology"?

And I hope their new flagship 11 channel amp uses something more advanced than XT32, something like Dirac would be perfect.

I wonder if it's synchronisation the phasing of the two sub outputs on the amp?? Or does Audyssey already do this on current models?

Yes, the AV7703 is scheduled an update for HLG and Dolby Vision compliance.

HDR FORMAT COMPATIBILITY

Bugger my 7010 wont get to pass Dolby Vision,but never mind my TV is not Dolby Vision Comparable,it will be a few years yet before i can afford to change my TV.
But it mean another new receiver & UHD player :(:)

Bugger my 7010 wont get to pass Dolby Vision,but never mind my TV is not Dolby Vision Comparable,it will be a few years yet before i can afford to change my TV.
But it mean another new receiver & UHD player :(:)
It is a shame as I use the 7010 and 6010 as well.
However, unless you manage to get a UHD layer with a single HDMI out you don't need a new Receiver since you still can connect one HDMI to the TV and one HDMI to the Receiver. Only the link to the TV vill carry the Dolby Vision metadata.

Looks like the new flagship Marantz SR8012 will be a beast! Effectively an upgraded 7200WA with 11 Channels of monolithic amplification. Will sit nicely between the x6400H and the X7400(?):

Marantz SR8012 inside.jpg
marantz-sr8012-amplificateur-112.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom