NEWS: Marantz launches NR1510 and NR1710 AV receivers

Purchased one today. I'll report back when the whole new kit arrives :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just ordered the 1710 yesterday, I have a question about a sounder I am considering of purchasing to go along with... Samsung HW-Q90R - Anyoneknow if there will be any compatibility issues... the sounder only has 2 HDMI inputs so I am assuming if I run everything through the 1710 I should be ok right?

A soundbar is a device you use instead of an AVR and speakers and not something you use in conjunction with an AVR. You need to use passive speakers and not an active soundbar with its own onboard amplification and processing.

A soundbar is a device you use instead of an AVR and speakers and not something you use in conjunction with an AVR. You need to use passive speakers and not an active soundbar with its own onboard amplification and processing.
Thanks Dante! Saved me some time there... do you have any recommendations? full surround?

Thanks Dante! Saved me some time there... do you have any recommendations? full surround?

AS to a 5.1 speaker package to partner with the AV receiver? You cannot go wrong with Q Acoustics at this price point.

How much have you available to you to spend on the speaker package? THe Q Acoustics
3010i ppackage sells for about £750, but you can also pick up the 3000 series 5.1 package for just £480 if you don't mind the walnut finsh:

There's also the Q Acoustics 7000i package for about £650 which is a more compact option than the larger 3000 packages mentioned above.

Have an off-the-wall question... If I use the 1710 to input multiple HDMI devices and then connect the HDMI Out to the TV, can I ten use the HDMI ARC on the TV to drive the SB?

The receiver is ARC enabled so if your TV is also ARC enabled then you can convey audio sourced via the TV's tuners and or smart apps out to the AV receiver via the HDMI cannection between them. This means that the TV would output audio to the AV receiver and use the speakers connected to the AV receiver rather than using the TV's own speakers to portray such audio.

Thanks Dante- I think I will be returning the Marantz and going with the Samsung Q90r with a new TV - I am just not into speaker furniture anymore - I appreciate your input... even though I was really looking forward to using the 1710...

I am trying (unsuccesfully) to play mp3s using the front usb port. It understand is limited to 32 gb, no adapters. I am using a straight up 16 gb usb stick. I'm tied to a brand new LG OLED TV with Web OS and the Marantz smart menu works. Latest rev HDMI cables. I updated the firmware on the Marantz and the LG. I can navigate the folders and files but when I hit play it says "network not connected". I know my network is working, it streams radio stations and tv. Why would the network be needed for a direct connection to the usb port? I'm fairly savvy with this stuff but no way can I make this work. Also, I would hope that a 2019 unit with an earc HDMI port would have better usb implementation. Anybody?

Last edited:
Can anyone please confirm if you can use audyssey dynamic EQ and/or dynamic volume if also using Dolby surround/Dolby atmos/DTS Neural X/DTS X. Currently on my Yamaha RXV685 I cannot use the YPAO volume with these decoders and upmixers. I appreciate audyessy and ypao are not the same but kinda similar. Thanks

Can anyone please confirm if you can use audyssey dynamic EQ and/or dynamic volume if also using Dolby surround/Dolby atmos/DTS Neural X/DTS X. Currently on my Yamaha RXV685 I cannot use the YPAO volume with these decoders and upmixers. I appreciate audyessy and ypao are not the same but kinda similar. Thanks

Dynamic EQ and Volume should still be accessible even if dealing with Atmos or DTS:X soundtracks.

On an ancillary note, the upper tier 3 top Adventage models from Yamaha do facilitate using Adaptive DRC and YPAO Volume with Atmos or DTS:X encoded audio. The models below this do not however include the processing power to facilitate this.

With the Marantz, does this apply to the upmixers too? (Dolby surround & Neural X)

With the Marantz, does this apply to the upmixers too? (Dolby surround & Neural X)
Yes. DEQ is available on all upmixing audio modes on Denon models.

All the receivers that include the ability to decode Atmos or DTS:X and include Audyssey room EQ correction.

Thanks guys - so it's the weak SOC on the yamaha, pity, YPAO is great but now having more than 5.1 in my setup means it's it's unusable. Will probably sell the yamaha and get a marantz nr1609 or 1710

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom