NEWS: Movies preferred to TV shows during lockdown in UK

It doesn't surprise me at all that 'Wonder Woman 1984' is top of the list. The 1980s retro trailer is a work of artistic genius. Hope the movie delivers on the promise...

However, I am surprised Tenet is only at 4, and where on earth is 'Top Gun: Maverick' ???
There's stuff on the list I've never even heard of, so I'm wondering how representative it actually is?

1. Wonder Woman 1984
  2. Bill & Ted Face the Music
  3. A Quiet Place Part II
  4. Tenet
  5. Mulan
  6. The King’s Man
  7. The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It
  8. Monster Hunter
  9. Candyman
  10. The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run

Regards,
James.

And the award for most misleading title goes to....
No movies or shows listed actually watched but then anticipated ones. WTAF!
You may as well listed a survey asking favoured pants during the lockdown and then down a top ten list of like to have animals as pets.

Bill and Ted... really...

A very skewed survey I would say.

Some might even say meaningless marketing drivel thinly veiled as a survey designed to stoke interest in a dismal release schedule in support of the misguided cinema reopening. You know, if one were being cynical.

G

You did all read the article, which makes the survey audience very clear?

3000 pop culture fans were surveyed between June 25th and July 2nd through MCM Comic Con online channels, with 80 percent of the respondents under 35 and therefore falling into the Gen Z and Millennial categories.

You did all read the article, which makes the survey audience very clear?

3000 pop culture fans were surveyed between June 25th and July 2nd through MCM Comic Con online channels, with 80 percent of the respondents under 35 and therefore falling into the Gen Z and Millennial categories.
Yes, it’s still a pointless survey with a click bait headline.
Headline click bait

behind the click bait
A wide ranging survey has revealed certain UK viewer’s habits during lockdown and it’s good news for movies and Disney+.

Some might even say meaningless marketing drivel thinly veiled as a survey designed to stoke interest in a dismal release schedule in support of the misguided cinema reopening. You know, if one were being cynical.

G

Exactly..

Movie company: Hey marketing company... here's a load of £££ and a list of top 10 movies we want to sell tickets for... go out and ask people to re-order this list for us, and we will then send to marketing department and other media outlets for exposure of said movies.

Despite Netflix being listed as the most popular streaming TV service, I'm not seeing any of their material in either list!? It's not like there's a season 2 of The Umbrella Acadmey about to be released or anything like that ...

Surely No Time To Die should be one of the most anticipated films. Its certainly top of my list. I cant believe its not on this top ten list. Never even heard of Monster Hunter.

Surely No Time To Die should be one of the most anticipated films. Its certainly top of my list. I cant believe its not on this top ten list. Never even heard of Monster Hunter.

It was probably the only film I was likely to see at the cinema this year. Looking increasingly like it's being put back again until next summer.

It was probably the only film I was likely to see at the cinema this year. Looking increasingly like it's being put back again until next summer.

Official (current) release date for 'No Time To Die' is 12th November 2020 for the UK and 20th November for the US. The summer 2021 date is speculation at the moment.

Regards,
James.

At the moment. They didn’t move it to November until pretty much the last minute.

I’d be very surprised if we actually get to see it in November. I guess we’ll have to see how things develop over the next couple of months.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom