Quantcast

NEWS: NAD Debuts T 778 Reference AV receiver

Scott_Mac

eARC is more than ARC. It passes TrueHD, Atmos etc via HDMI.

ARC is limited to Dolby Digital.

Scott_Mac

tparm

Standard Member
Will be interesting to hear this thing. The switch to Hybrid Digital makes sense from an efficiency perspective and I guess it provides fast clean power on demand eliminating the need for huge power supply and caps. I haven't heard any of the new integrated amps using this yet but they have reviewed really well. Seems like there is so much focus on DACs, but I agree with thatsnotmynaim (clever) that its more about the implementation. Having said that, I've always liked the AKMs in Marantz Eco system, but I know Sabre is very popular among the audiophile types.....

Anyone heard a release date more specific than "November?" I'm ready to give one a go.

richardsim7

ETA seems to have jumped to Jan 2020, which I suppose will be disappointing to some, but if it means ending up with a better product, then it's probably worth the wait :)

Fella55

Probably a good thing. Nothing worse than a promising product released before its ready.

Scott_Mac

Probably a good thing. Nothing worse than a promising product released before its ready.
Arcam have been doing that for years....

markymiles

Distinguished Member
And lets not get started on Emotiva...........

Fella55

nakkiran

some feedback on the T778 release from the local distributor:

They are awaiting Apple Airplay2 certification before the units will be released. Not sure when the first units will be released yet.
and a few sites already have pricing up, so Jan 2020 ETA seems feasible.

nakkiran

feedback from a big local retailer:

NAD is still waiting on certification from Apple for wireless protocol. Should release later this month and then 10 days to get into South Africa.

Top Bottom