NEWS: Netflix now worth more than Disney

Disney Plus racks up 50m worldwide subscribers in just five months

"What Disney Plus has achieved in five months took Netflix seven years,"

Netflix adds 9, with previously 167m globally, Amazon has over 150m.

That is a huge market capitalisation figure!

But I suspect NetFlix doesn't have a huge cash reserve. Disney does and it has money invested in material assets, not just Intellectual Property. The stock market is very fickle, I could see these two titans exchanging places many times...
Totally agree. Also Netflix may not be profitable at this stage and Disney makes big margins on Toys.

Netflix has managed to reduce Server Streaming costs by fooling EU Ministers and convincing them that Netflix should reduce bandwidth to lesser the strain on the internet. They did this successfully and without reducing prices or offering refunds. THEY ARE DELIGHTED WITH THE OUTCOME.

I think it is more todo with Disney value has plummeted Rather then Netflix value massively increasing.

Thanks for the report and those are some damn impressive stats. 40% of households in the UK have Netflix. Thats a huge number! And its still going up with 2m net adds in 2019 and with Covid 19 lockdown in full swing even more net adds expected.

C'mon Disney. I brought your stock a few months ago and we are currently up 17%.

Please can everyone subscribe to Disney+, visit theirs parks and buy more copies of Frozen. Thanks.

Pity Netflix can’t afford to sort-out the bitrates for its UK customers though.

Pity Netflix can’t afford to sort-out the bitrates for its UK customers though.

In what way?

The bandwidth appears to be back to what it was previously. I currently get 5 to 7Mbps relative to HD and 10 to 15Mbps relative to 4K UHD content. This is what you'd expect via all the streaming services and is no worse than what you'd get via those services.

C'mon Disney. I brought your stock a few months ago and we are currently up 17%.

Please can everyone subscribe to Disney+, visit theirs parks and buy more copies of Frozen. Thanks.

I'd have Disney stock over Netflix any day of the week. A company as diverse as Disney however will take ages to recover fully and you see a really nice gain to your stock. Presume you are okay to hold for a few years right?

@dante01: for 4K stuff I agree, but for HD, no. I’ve watched a couple of HD films this week that at best topped 2Mbps.

Disney Plus racks up 50m worldwide subscribers in just five months

"What Disney Plus has achieved in five months took Netflix seven years,"

Netflix adds 9, with previously 167m globally, Amazon has over 150m.

I think thats because Disney are giving away subscriptions free with phone contracts in the UK and US and probably other countries, offered a yearly subscription through quidco for £1 per month before launch and also offered 7 day free trials which are probably included in the subscriber count.

At the moment they are grabbing user count by offering discounted and free subscriptions, how many users will pay a second years subscription once the fees go up and they've burnt through the limited available content?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom