NEWS: Panasonic Announces OLED TVs GZ2000, GZ1500, GZ1000, GZ950 plus LCD GX800 and GX700 for 2019

The indicative prices are therefore as follows:
• € 3,499 for the Panasonic 55GZ2000 (55 '', 140 cm)
• € 4,499 for the Panasonic 65GZ2000 (65 '', 165 cm)
The availability of Panasonic GZ2000 TVs is announced for the month of June.
TV Oled Ultra HD Panasonic GZ2000, mise à jour prix

Not cheap of course, though I was somehow preparing myself for even higher prices (for some reason).

If you're not interested in the pro panel 2000, isn't the 802 (or even the 952) now a pretty good deal?
My sister bought a 55 952 from John Lewis 2 weeks ago for 2k, and now John Lewis have dropped it to 1700. And the 55 802 is now 1500......hmmmm

These look great! I’m a little upset I got the FZ950 in December now... the GZ2000 looks like it would have been perfect for me but $2900 CAD for the 65” FZ950 was too hard to pass up

I bet it was that's a really good price .... it took me so many yrs to see something that I actually thought bettered my Pioneer for pure pic quality for movies... we still have one in family room however but for movies I'm very happy with my panny oled.. but now it seems the new screens keep getting better or something added.. even thought of moving my ez952 to the snug room so I could maybe get a bigger oled now Panasonic go and bring out all these new oleds with dolby vision...
Initially bought the Panasonic as it had a very cinematic plasma picture but better with the 4khdr... can ONLY IMAGINE how good that picture will be with DV... !!!
Starting to save now :facepalm:

GZ2000 looks awesome.

Only upgraded 3 months ago so nothing for me now for at least 2-3 years.

Might be able to get a GZ2000 for £1300 then too:D

Comparaison entre: 64.5" Panasonic TX-65GZ2000, 64.5" Panasonic TX-55GZ1500, 64.5" Panasonic TX-65GZ1000, 64.5" Panasonic TX-65GZ960
file.php

file.php

I was disappointed with this, so far all they are saying is that it’s not required and that is valid for 2019.
As for 2020, not so much if you are a gamer. Now if they can add VRR I’d be happy with that, but there doesn’t seem to be any clarification on that - Samsung have so they could in theory but when you purchase without it, only yourself to blame come next Gen consoles and they don’t add via firmware.

it might not be valid, but to future proof, why wouldn't you put the most up to date hdmi spec in your flagship screens it makes no sense. (unless the design and manufacture was done before the hdmi spec had been finalised...but it sounds more like a conscience decision rather than just missing out because production had started.

it might not be valid, but to future proof, why wouldn't you put the most up to date hdmi spec in your flagship screens it makes no sense. (unless the design and manufacture was done before the hdmi spec had been finalised...but it sounds more like a conscience decision rather than just missing out because production had started.
Yeah, LG do tend to lead, first to 4 full fat hdmi across the board, not surprised they are first to hdmi 2.1.
Won’t be surprised if next year we see 1 full hdmi2.1 ports and the rest 2.0b.

Perhaps because there isn't yet meaningful demand for it?

I get the idea that some want future proofing (even in a vague sense), but as many Av reviewers have been harping on about, full 2.1 spec is not necessary.

The enthusiast community is very much the minority, sad but true.

If I was upgrading now, its not obvious that I need full 2.1, but I don't game.

HDMI 2.1 doesn’t bother me. If they have 4 full fat HDMI 2.0b I’ll be a happy camper. Not going for another TV with only 2. That’s my line in the sand.

Pleasantly surprised and OK with the price of the GZ2000. Would be quiet cool to have a pimped OLED screen

HDMI 2.1 doesn’t bother me. If they have 4 full fat HDMI 2.0b I’ll be a happy camper. Not going for another TV with only 2. That’s my line in the sand.

Pleasantly surprised and OK with the price of the GZ2000. Would be quiet cool to have a pimped OLED screen

Agreed, same here on all counts.

Although what with Samsung pulling out of Blu-Rays (I read yesterday), I'm sufficiently vexed about Blu-Rays in general disappearing, I'm not sure I really need a Pro panel.

I don't even have an HDR screen right now, just a class leading Plasma from 2014, and man do 1080P Blu-Rays look and sound fab, especially the sound.

Once you get your HDR fix, there is no going back!

Once you get your HDR fix, there is no going back!

I'm sure that's right - though I did watch Moonlight and BR 2049 in 1080P Blu-Ray on my 65 plasma at the weekend. With broadcast HD being so average, the 1080P discs are still a decent step up in PQ, and beautiful enough that I can't be bothered with the hassle / expense of rejigging the setup (wiring all chased into walls etc).

But I did play with my sisters new FZ952 last week, and yes, colour me impressed.

Same here HDMI 2.1 is not a necessity for me. Not a gamer and from all the reports I have read, it's much more important for 8K.

Also pleasantly surprised at the price for the GZ2000, in Euro's anyway...:smashin:

Hm, a good line-up but a shame neither Phillips or Panasonic have decided to finally produce a 50" Oled this year.

Also, wonder if the frame skipping issue which seems to be tied to the HCX processor will be resolved?

Hm, a good line-up but a shame neither Phillips or Panasonic have decided to finally produce a 50" Oled this year.

Also, wonder if the frame skipping issue which seems to be tied to the HCX processor will be resolved?
It’s a new chip(last one stretched 2 years), so I would hope so!

Any news on new freeview play recorders ? No new models for 2 or 3 years !

Hdmi 2.1 is completely relavent if your building a new hdmi 2.1 system, with the TV as the centre piece! Regardless of other products, they will come later this year!

I’m assuming no HDMI 4.1 do we know if at least all HDMI ports are full fat this year?

I think you mean HDMI 2.1?

Panasonic are using HDMI 2.0a/b with some HDMI 2.1 features backported.

HDMI ports are full 18 Gbit/s. Frankly, this is all anybody needs until *external* sources can drive 8K or 4K at 120 FPS... and Hell will probably have long since frozen before that happens (it may never happen in a mainstream way as the investment costs are huge and the benefits realised are tiny).

HDMI 2.0a/b will handle:

4K/60 8 bit colour RGB or YUV 4:4:4.
4K/60 10/12 bit colour YUV 4:2.2.

I’ll be finally replacing my 9 year old Panasonic 50” Plasma with a GZ1000 this year ...

Regards,

James.

Hdmi 2.1 is completely relavent if your building a new hdmi 2.1 system, with the TV as the centre piece! Regardless of other products, they will come later this year!

A centre piece that will likely be replaced / upgraded by the time the content is available.....anyway, I'm sure next years screens will have at least 1 or 2 out of 4 fully compliant ports.

So patience young Skywalker, you'll get your capability. That said I do have a lot of sympathy with the reviewers (we know who they are) who have talked about how puzzled they are that some are getting antsy over a spec that has little use now, and likely not be essential for 3 years or so at least. They'll jump on board when HFR video content becomes available.

A centre piece that will likely be replaced / upgraded by the time the content is available.....anyway, I'm sure next years screens will have at least 1 or 2 out of 4 fully compliant ports.

So patience young Skywalker, you'll get your capability. That said I do have a lot of sympathy with the reviewers (we know who they are) who have talked about how puzzled they are that some are getting antsy over a spec that has little use now, and likely not be essential for 3 years or so at least. They'll jump on board when HFR video content becomes available.
True for HFR and of course 8K, but if you’re buying a Sony PS5 end of this year/2020 you want to have the gaming features.
Glad to see Panasonic have added ALLM, just need a little VRR and QMS and a few more will be happy :)

True for HFR and of course 8K, but if you’re buying a Sony PS5 end of this year/2020 you want to have the gaming features.
Glad to see Panasonic have added ALLM, just need a little VRR and QMS and a few more will be happy :)

Indeed, can see the relevance for gamers.

Guess my point was / is that 8k / HFR video (movies) will require 2.1. The gaming specific features though are not strictly required, but clearly additive at the margin. That probably summarises why more TV brands didn't feel any great need to hurry this year.

What will be interesting, for those in need, will be how widely they put 2.1 ports on next years TVs......just reserved for the flagship / near flagships? or will 2.1 filter down to a good chunk of their ranges......hope for everyones sake they don't reserve 2.1 for just the most expensive models.

Indeed, can see the relevance for gamers.

Guess my point was / is that 8k / HFR video (movies) will require 2.1. The gaming specific features though are not strictly required, but clearly additive at the margin. That probably summarises why more TV brands didn't feel any great need to hurry this year.

What will be interesting, for those in need, will be how widely they put 2.1 ports on next years TVs......just reserved for the flagship / near flagships? or will 2.1 filter down to a good chunk of their ranges......hope for everyones sake they don't reserve 2.1 for just the most expensive models.
Agree and for most users of this tv, I guess it’s movie / tv content so it serves well.

Not sure why they drop feed the hdmi ports, no idea how much they are individually but I’d be happy to pay a little more to have 4 of the same thanks very much :)

Wonder if there were any small room hands on with these TVs in Frankfurt that we will get some more feedback from. Especially with the new sets revealed.

Wonder if there were any small room hands on with these TVs in Frankfurt that we will get some more feedback from. Especially with the new sets revealed.
Phil’s video should be incoming, hopefully get a little more info.
I guess they can’t comment too much until they get a review model, but Phil seemed to like a audio on the flag at CES, albeit obviously front heavy from an atmos perspective.

I am certainly interested in a 65 inch TV that has both Dolby Vision and HRD10+. Currently keeping my powder dry pending a house move! I keep saying to my other half that "I will have my home cinema system in this life or the next" while channelling my inner Russell Crowe!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom