NEWS: Panasonic Announces OLED TVs GZ2000, GZ1500, GZ1000, GZ950 plus LCD GX800 and GX700 for 2019

Skodked

Standard Member
Reaction score
The 2019 OLED lineup has just been announced. Full details can be seen here:

Panasonic GZ2000 OLED / 65 and 55 inches
Panasonic GZ1500 OLED /65 and 55 inches
Panasonic GZ1000 OLED / 65 and 55 inches
Panasonic GZ950 OLED/ 65 and 55 inches

All with the same HCX Pro Intelligent Processor, Full Multi HDR support, Dolby Atmos and Twin tuners

I guess the million dollar question is whats the difference between the "professional panel" in the GZ2000 and the panels in the other three models - only the flagship has the Pro panel.

4K OLED TVs | Ultra HD Pro HDR Televisions - Panasonic UK & Ireland

All models also listed on Panasonic website now. Looks like I will be going for the 65" GZ1000. Don't need the sound bar or the atmos up-firing system on the GZ2000. Also noticed that the GZ1500 is exclusive to John Lewis in the UK.

Just need to hear what the guys have to say on the picture performance differences between the GZ2000 and the GZ1000. :cool:

They really should have a 77" model available and Earc on the sets

Twin tuners is a good thing especially has LG have stopped doing it on last years sets ?

I'am m oving up in size to 65" and properly edging towards the GZ1500, though that might effect price (ie. no price matches ).

Can't see what the difference is between the bottom 2 models GZ1000 and GZ950, is there any need for both ?

Want to know if theres any PQ difference between the GZ2000 and other models and audio qualities of each set.

Panasonic GZ1500 OLED:

- 65 and 55 inches
- 4K OLED panel with absolute black filter
- Super Motion Drive OLED
- Multiple HDR support (HDR10, HDR10 +, HLG, Dolby Vision and HLG photo)
- HCX Pro Smart Processor
- Dolby Atmos
- Blade 50W high
- speaker - 4x HDMI (ARC + ALLM)
- My home screen 4.0
- Dual tuner
- WiFi and Bluetooth
- Voice assistant compatible

Panasonic GZ1000 OLED:

- 65 and 55 inches
- Multiple HDR support (HDR10, HDR10 +, HLG, Dolby Vision and HLG Photo)
- Dolby Atmos
- 50W speakers
- 4x HDMI (ARC + ALLM)
- My home screen 4.0
- Double tuner
- WiFi and Bluetooth

Panasonic GZ950 OLED:

- 65 and 55 inches
- Multiple HDR support (HDR10, HDR10 +, HLG, Dolby Vision and HLG Photo)
- Dolby Atmos
- 50W speakers
- 4x HDMI (ARC + ALLM)
- My home screen 4.0
- Double tuner
- WiFi and Bluetooth

Panasonic GZ1500 OLED: :smashin:
8cU6mcGuwt4r9oGDsMbqQX-970-80.jpg

GZ1000 :)

panasonicgz1000-1.jpg

The difference between the GZ1000 and the GZ950 seems to be according to Panasonic's description on their website is the stand and the GZ1000 has Premium design and finish. GZ950 has that info missing in it's description.

I’m assuming no HDMI 4.1 do we know if at least all HDMI ports are full fat this year?

The Flagship LED will be the 75" GX920. Up on the Panasonic website now..;)

No HDMI 2.1, they are HDMI 2.0B. Rob explains their thinking in my video interview, which should be live tomorrow.

I need to know what the damned Pro screen means! Otherwise its straight to the 950 for me as I've got sound sorted.

Don’t have the sound so really hope the GZ2000 isn’t going to rock up at 6k or something. What it offers will suit me down to the ground.

I don’t know what the pro screen means but I know me wants it. They were referencing panels cooled using their experience with plasma meaning they could increase ABL. Might be it?

Apart from the entry level LED, the rest use edge-lit local dimming even at 40". This is an interesting turn of events as Samsung's entry level QLED at 43" also has edge-lit local dimming. Shame it isn't FALD but maybe that's too expensive to mass produce.

I need to know what the damned Pro screen means! Otherwise its straight to the 950 for me as I've got sound sorted.
Rob explains what this is in his interview. Tune in tomorrow evening.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom