NEWS: Panasonic Announces OLED TVs GZ2000, GZ1500, GZ1000, GZ950 plus LCD GX800 and GX700 for 2019

I’m guessing the Pro Screen is the screen where and I quote this from the preview of the GZ2000 on this forum “The GZ2000 features a custom-made Professional Edition 4K OLED panel that incorporates proprietary hardware improvements by Panasonic”. The other versions will most likely just use ordinary OLED screens as has been done in all the other previous models. This will definitely mean paying a premium price but will almost surely be the best model picture wise.

They need to release 77 inch models, LG are moving onto 88 so quite surprised with 65 being there largest screen size

Local Dimming Pro = fald?
GX920 vs GX940 - Pana UK site doesn't mention 940. Only 920. What's the diff?

Panasonic 2019.jpg

What is the release date and pricing? GZ2000 looks amazing, must be very expensive. Great decision by Panasonic to include DV.

GZ1000 and GZ950, seems to be the same thing.

Why am I confined to entry level for all manufacturers because I can’t go bigger than 50”? So frustrating!

I guess the million dollar question is whats the difference between the "professional panel" in the GZ2000 and the panels in the other three models - only the flagship has the Pro panel.

It will have brighter HDR. Because it’s an unfinished panel by LG which Panasonic then play around with the power delivery and heat dissipation thus enabling them to boost the brightness levels.

As for me, well I was going to look at the Philips 903, but, with the GZ1500B coming with a kind of Dolby Atmos and HDR10+ and Dolby Vision all built in, I will look at that. Plus I’ve only had Panasonic tellies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want the pro panel without the added atmos speakers! Sometimes i think they forget some of us have a home cinema already. The slimmest panel with either no speakers or the basic tv ones but with the best picture. Not too much to ask is it?

I just want the pro panel without the added atmos speakers! Sometimes i think they forget some of us have a home cinema already. The slimmest panel with either no speakers or the basic tv ones but with the best picture. Not too much to ask is it?

I like the design too.. looks very much a modern plasma tv ... with that look would have been a better idea to do what they did with old high end plasma.. make the speakers an extra like Pioneer use to... at least that way you have the option..
Wonder if it can be disconnected otherwise..??

These look great! I’m a little upset I got the FZ950 in December now... the GZ2000 looks like it would have been perfect for me but $2900 CAD for the 65” FZ950 was too hard to pass up

I like the design too.. looks very much a modern plasma tv ... with that look would have been a better idea to do what they did with old high end plasma.. make the speakers an extra like Pioneer use to... at least that way you have the option..
Wonder if it can be disconnected otherwise..??

Had exactly the same thought earlier.

Want the Wallpaper LG, but have sound sorted? Tough, you need the separate sound bar / connection box.

Want the GZ200, but again have sound sorted? Tough, you're paying for a speaker blade / Atmos capability you don't need.

I guess all of these brands are selling their flagships as all in one solutions - suits some, definitely doesn't suit others..

Pana are now going full steam ahead with OLEDs, never seen them with more models than this year. They given up on producing high end LCDs, which now is in the hands of Samsung with their Q90R

Somewhat disappointed with OLED range, though pleased with variety of models which look attractive, but no real advantages from last year's offering the FZ802. The only advantage is now they have DV, anything else? No.

No worried too much about HDMI 2.1 but at least should have eARC, no 4 full fat HDMI, no increase in brightness. Imagine FZ802 with DV and paying several hundred pounds for that privilege. I am not talking about the pro-model which no doubt will bloody expensive.

In the same boat, would like the customised screen but don’t need the audio side.
We may have to wait until 2020 (assuming this model sells well) to see if Panasonic decide to trickle the customised panel down the range.
Sounds like a great tv if your starting from scratch/don’t have speakers.
I had thought about getting it and flogging my speakers/receiver, but I’ve a feeling I’d regret that a month later (never mind having to keep the tv on if wanting to just listen to music).
Looking forward to reviews/owners feedback.

Pana are now going full steam ahead with OLEDs, never seen them with more models than this year. They given up on producing high end LCDs, which now is in the hands of Samsung with their Q90R

Somewhat disappointed with OLED range, though pleased with variety of models which look attractive, but no real advantages from last year's offering the FZ802. The only advantage is now they have DV, anything else? No.

No worried too much about HDMI 2.1 but at least should have eARC, no 4 full fat HDMI, no increase in brightness. Imagine FZ802 with DV and paying several hundred pounds for that privilege. I am not talking about the pro-model which no doubt will bloody expensive.
If you purchase the flagship (which I know your not talking about and I agree about the standard models, there are some 2018 bargains to have), it’s up to 30% brighter APL, and considering last years model from a pq perspective was probably the best in class, now supporting both dynamic hdr formats, it’s sounding like the tv to beat, but yeah, at what price !

Although still no hdmi 2.1 no sale they have no excuses, LG sorted it for this year's line up.so it will be interesting to see what excuse Panasonic have

If you purchase the flagship (which I know your not talking about), it’s up to 30% brighter APL, and considering last years model from a pq perspective was probably the best in class, now supporting both dynamic hdr formats, it’s sounding like the tv to beat, but yeah, at what price !
Yes, the FZ802 I think is best value OLED TV at the moment. Yes, they increased brightness 30 percent for the high end pro model, but as I said it won't come cheap.

Although still no hdmi 2.1 no sale they have no excuses, LG sorted it for this year's line up.so it will be interesting to see what excuse Panasonic have
I was disappointed with this, so far all they are saying is that it’s not required and that is valid for 2019.
As for 2020, not so much if you are a gamer. Now if they can add VRR I’d be happy with that, but there doesn’t seem to be any clarification on that - Samsung have so they could in theory but when you purchase without it, only yourself to blame come next Gen consoles and they don’t add via firmware.

I am on last gen Panasonic plasma TV 50GT60 and like to upgrade, will look at the low end models on display when they come out and also read on owners feedback and reviews. Not keen on LG OLEDs or Phillips.

Part of of me thinks to hold on until 2020, when more 4K content is available from the likes of BBC and HDR broadcast from Sky and BT for their Sports. I am not into Netflix series or Amazon which has poor content.

I am on last gen Panasonic plasma TV 50GT60 and like to upgrade, will look at the low end models on display when they come out and also read on owners feedback and reviews. Not keen on LG OLEDs or Phillips.

Part of of me thinks to hold on until 2020, when more 4K content is available from the likes of BBC and HDR broadcast from Sky and BT for their Sports. I am not into Netflix series or Amazon which has poor content.
I held back after owning Panasonic for years, but caved in 2017 and went LG.
Don’t miss my plasma at all.
Motion is my only niggle, the LG is fantastic, but motion is the only annoyance and to be fair doesn’t raise its head often. I always used Panasonic’s interpolation on a low setting with plasma and it was great, so will be interested to see how it performs on this (as there seemed to be a slight issue with their HCX processor in 17).
You should trial Netflix for a month, there is actually some decent content on it.
Not sure what the BBC are doing, we had the Six nations in HLG last year, can’t find it this year:(

Looking forward to all the OCD complaints about the cooling fans on the owners thread already! ;)

30% increase in APL will do wonders for the tone mapping on HDR. Interesting to see how this translates into any peak brightness gains. I'm guessing this won't be increased to the same extent though or otherwise they would be using this as their headline figure.

Nice to see Panasonic putting the effort in to differentiating themselves from the other OLEDs out there.

Are there only 2 full fat 18gbps ports again? Surely not?? :confused: Even Sony managed that on the A9F

Last edited:
And I wonder how the increased brightness will affect pixel wear? That won't be known for some time.

Now that is a VERY good point, not forgetting the impact if any on near black performance - time will tell

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom