NEWS: Panasonic launches SC-HTB600 and SC-HTB400 soundbars

I’d say addition of earc and full hdr passthru are sensible upgrades from last years models... be interest to see prices and hear what reviewers think..

I just wonder what is the strategy of these sound bars. Panasonic seems to never consolidate progress at every iteration. Last year's bars, some of them were 3.1 but lacked passthrough or eArc, now they do but they go back to 2.1. They will be right at the right price, but it doesn't quite convince me that someone with a Dolby Vision, eARC capable TV is looking for a 2.1 virtual surround system.

But hey, maybe the virtual technology in these new bars do something unexpected to compete with real upward and side facing speakers.

I’d say addition of earc and full hdr passthru are sensible upgrades from last years models... be interest to see prices and hear what reviewers think..
They don't have full HDR passthrough, they only pass HDR10 and Dolby Vision (no HDR10+ support). It seems crazy for the only company that makes TVs and players that support all three versions of HDR to not do the same on its soundbars.

They don't have full HDR passthrough, they only pass HDR10 and Dolby Vision (no HDR10+ support). It seems crazy for the only company that makes TVs and players that support all three versions of HDR to not do the same on its soundbars.

ah ok thanks for the clarification. That really does seem odd that they proudly push their TVs which cover all the formats but leave one out on the soundbars. Sometimes I just don’t understand the thinking behind some of these decisions.

ah ok thanks for the clarification. That really does seem odd that they proudly push their TVs which cover all the formats but leave one out on the soundbars. Sometimes I just don’t understand the thinking behind some of these decisions.
That's exactly what I told them on Tuesday.

Afternoon all. Is there any evidence that Panasonic are actually going to start selling these? I appreciate that manufacturing and distribution timelines have been hit for six what with one thing and another but i'm surprised at the total radio silence on what appears to be a couple of promising products. Cheers. DR

That's exactly what I told them on Tuesday.
Hello chaps. Today Panasonic Italy has confirmed that it is impossible to give eARC capability via software update to their Oled TV TX-55GZ1000E (end of year 2019). It is required a (unthinkable) hardware adaptation. Considering that the GZ series is equipped with HDMI 2.1 although limited to ALLM feature, can you also say that is not possible to give eARC to GZ via software update ? All the best R

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom