NEWS: Panasonic to support new Filmmaker Mode from 2020

Everybody on this forum knows what to switch off and the correct settings to use, so i suppose is for the general public who has no idea. I am still buying my first 4K TV in the November sales.

I read somewhere that Panasonic had plans to offer this as a firmware update for its existing TV range. Given how rubbish Panasonic is in supporting anything that isn’t the current model year I shan’t be holding my breath for any such update.

Clem

I hope it’s better than the Netflix calibrated mode that showed up on my tv this year. Given the pro and thx modes are already available as standard on my Panasonic it wouldn’t be a must have feature for me.

Netflix / Filmmaker modes - all these are marketing drivel. These TVs have reached its technical capabilities and manufacturers are scraping the bottom of the barrel. Nothing much has been done this year by the big guns in terms of real advancements.

I hope it’s better than the Netflix calibrated mode that showed up on my tv this year. Given the pro and thx modes are already available as standard on my Panasonic it wouldn’t be a must have feature for me.

I think it's just something for the people that usually put their tvs in standard mode etc, when they see a "netflix calibrated mode" or "filmmaker mode" they might try it out. But for us it's not a feature that is really needed so dont expect it to be any different to the netflix calibrated mode.

Yes....I think if anyone has their TV Professionally Calibrated then 'Filmmaker Mode' is irrelevant.

If however...someone is not in the financial position to pay £300+ (if you need to cover a Calibrator's travelling expenses on top, could even be £450-£500), then Filmmaker Mode may be the Setting that will enable your TV to get as close to Industry Standards and view the Creator's Intent, Colour timing and frame rate, removing any smoothing and post processing, then I can understand why UHD Alliance & CTA are pushing for Manufacturers to include in their 2020 TV's going forward.

Key question is...how accurate will Filmmaker Mode actually be in Reference to Industry Standards? And How will each Manufacturer implement their version of Filmmaker Mode into their TV's? Will it be rolled out as a Picture Mode that can't be manipulated, whereby it is factory set to Industry Standards at Production Level?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom