NEWS: Panasonic TVs get BritBox streaming app

Still no NowTV though ...

Clem
Not sure they'll ever see it tbh.

Having installed quite a few LG Oleds and Samsung Qleds recently, I really can't recommend Panasonic TV's any more, so many issues with Viers link, problems with Freeview play, and really poor smart system no-one bothers to develop for, I can't wait to be shot of mine.

Does anyone know when we’ll have a Disney + app for Pana TVs?
Likely need a streaming stick for that...will have a look at this on my panny. But there's only so many streaming subs I'm willing to have and surely most of this material is all ready covered between sky/Amazon/netflix UK already?

Having installed quite a few LG Oleds and Samsung Qleds recently, I really can't recommend Panasonic TV's any more, so many issues with Viers link, problems with Freeview play, and really poor smart system no-one bothers to develop for, I can't wait to be shot of mine.
Won't be long till the whole division is sold to Vestel, following the Toshiba playbook I believe. Even in Japan Panasonic TVs are increasingly hard to come by as retailers and the public prefer Hisense and LG.
If the Japanese no longer want their homegrown brands (and they're usually extremely loyal), it says it all.

Panasonic are great at cameras, pro AV and batteries/household goods and I don't see that changing.

Won't be long till the whole division is sold to Vestel, following the Toshiba playbook I believe. Even in Japan Panasonic TVs are increasingly hard to come by as retailers and the public prefer Hisense and LG.
If the Japanese no longer want their homegrown brands (and they're usually extremely loyal), it says it all.

Panasonic are great at cameras, pro AV and batteries/household goods and I don't see that changing.
Panasonic have sold their business that makes the camera sensors, hopefully thought they'll still remain good, but I agree I can't see them TV division being around much longer as Panasonic, but licensed out.

Panasonic have sold their business that makes the camera sensors, hopefully thought they'll still remain good, but I agree I can't see them TV division being around much longer as Panasonic, but licensed out.
Even so, their cameras are excellent, outstanding in many areas (even when they use Sony or other people's sensors, they still bring so much expertise to the product that it's often class leading).

The one thing Panasonic has always been is extremely solid and reliable. I don't think that will ever change with a genuine Panasonic product.

Vestel already make slightly over half of the European TV lineup. Sad to see!

We wouldn't be in this predicament if we still had dumb TVs and people bought smart boxes/sticks (not that you should have to). Fact is, Japanese companies were far too slow to understand the importance of software and never had the background in computing that Chinese and South Korean companies had, which left them behind.

In the end though it's good for consumers as you can now get outstanding quality at prices unthinkable only a few years ago from all the non Japanese brands.

Even so, their cameras are excellent, outstanding in many areas (even when they use Sony or other people's sensors, they still bring so much expertise to the product that it's often class leading).

The one thing Panasonic has always been is extremely solid and reliable. I don't think that will ever change with a genuine Panasonic product.

Vestel already make slightly over half of the European TV lineup. Sad to see!

We wouldn't be in this predicament if we still had dumb TVs and people bought smart boxes/sticks (not that you should have to). Fact is, Japanese companies were far too slow to understand the importance of software and never had the background in computing that Chinese and South Korean companies had, which left them behind.

In the end though it's good for consumers as you can now get outstanding quality at prices unthinkable only a few years ago from all the non Japanese brands.

I own a GX80 camera, love it tbh, much nicer to use compared to the Nikon i had previous.

The day Pana have most models licensed out to Vestel will be the day we stop selling them, Any Tv below the GX800 is not worth owning, and it's hard to see sell a GX800 tbh, Sad really i as used to love Pana tv's but my current one is rubbish and has issues and it replaced one which went faulty.

Just want Apple TV app to come so I can dumb my Apple TV 😩
Buy a Amazon 4k Firestick has Netflix, Prime, Apple TV & Disney + on it , I have found that 4K Firestick external device works better and sounds better, than tv apps

I stream from my laptop - all the SVOD services with the ability to use a VPN, so I'm not restricted to UK services. All the other external streaming devices seem to be too limited.

Buy a Amazon 4k Firestick has Netflix, Prime, Apple TV & Disney + on it , I have found that 4K Firestick external device works better and sounds better, than tv apps

Not on my Panny DX-902B 2016 Flagship TV.

Internal apps wipes the Fire TV stick fair and square which forces HDR for SDR and adaptive completely messed the PQ

Personally I buy a tv for the picture quality not the "smart features and apps". I have had no issues with my GZ1000 at all. Just read the forums for the LG's, Samsungs, Sony's etc they have tons of issues with their smart features, the more complex the software gets the more strain put on the tv processor which is usually under-powered as it is! I use a number of different sources, ie a nas,atv 4k, blue ray and soundbar, all work fine with sublime picture quality, I'm more than happy.

Personally I buy a tv for the picture quality not the "smart features and apps". I have had no issues with my GZ1000 at all. Just read the forums for the LG's, Samsungs, Sony's etc they have tons of issues with their smart features, the more complex the software gets the more strain put on the tv processor which is usually under-powered as it is! I use a number of different sources, ie a nas,atv 4k, blue ray and soundbar, all work fine with sublime picture quality, I'm more than happy.

It's not just smart systems that are better with other brands, but overall support, every year Panasonic introduce a new "Feature" that isn't available to people who pay top money for the last gen, yet LG can and will add features to sets that are sometimes a couple years old, softwareis constantly being updated also, I finally got rid of my Panasonic TV and bought a B9 yeah the Pana6has a slightly better picture, but I can't and won't support them any longer, and I have had quite a few from them, still have a WT50 in the bedroom.

My setup now consits of the TV and a PS4pro that's all, the sound built in is really good and adequate for my room, and I don't need to use any external devices to get streaming either, so much less clutter, wires and far easier to use.

It's not just smart systems that are better with other brands, but overall support, every year Panasonic introduce a new "Feature" that isn't available to people who pay top money for the last gen, yet LG can and will add features to sets that are sometimes a couple years old, softwareis constantly being updated also, I finally got rid of my Panasonic TV and bought a B9 yeah the Pana6has a slightly better picture, but I can't and won't support them any longer, and I have had quite a few from them, still have a WT50 in the bedroom.

My setup now consits of the TV and a PS4pro that's all, the sound built in is really good and adequate for my room, and I don't need to use any external devices to get streaming either, so much less clutter, wires and far easier to use.
I had an LG, i far prefer the picture quality and movement on the Panasonic. For me the smart features are still secondary. Totally respect where you are coming from, for me where I only use external sources as regardless of the tv you are using they will always be better than internal apps. I've had a number of firmware updates on the panasonic that have improved the tv, my experience with with my E6 was a total mess with their updates, they fixed one thing and broke 2 others especially with DV and black crushing. Enjoy your setup and no dount you will be getting the PS5 if you have a ps4pro? I've got the Xbox 1X, will probably end up getting both consoles at some point, my son likes the PS4

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom