Quantcast

NEWS: Panasonic TVs get BritBox streaming app

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
Still no NowTV though ...

Clem
Not sure they'll ever see it tbh.

Having installed quite a few LG Oleds and Samsung Qleds recently, I really can't recommend Panasonic TV's any more, so many issues with Viers link, problems with Freeview play, and really poor smart system no-one bothers to develop for, I can't wait to be shot of mine.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Does anyone know when we’ll have a Disney + app for Pana TVs?
Likely need a streaming stick for that...will have a look at this on my panny. But there's only so many streaming subs I'm willing to have and surely most of this material is all ready covered between sky/Amazon/netflix UK already?

Loopthrough

Not sure they'll ever see it tbh.

Having installed quite a few LG Oleds and Samsung Qleds recently, I really can't recommend Panasonic TV's any more, so many issues with Viers link, problems with Freeview play, and really poor smart system no-one bothers to develop for, I can't wait to be shot of mine.
Won't be long till the whole division is sold to Vestel, following the Toshiba playbook I believe. Even in Japan Panasonic TVs are increasingly hard to come by as retailers and the public prefer Hisense and LG.
If the Japanese no longer want their homegrown brands (and they're usually extremely loyal), it says it all.

Panasonic are great at cameras, pro AV and batteries/household goods and I don't see that changing.

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
Won't be long till the whole division is sold to Vestel, following the Toshiba playbook I believe. Even in Japan Panasonic TVs are increasingly hard to come by as retailers and the public prefer Hisense and LG.
If the Japanese no longer want their homegrown brands (and they're usually extremely loyal), it says it all.

Panasonic are great at cameras, pro AV and batteries/household goods and I don't see that changing.
Panasonic have sold their business that makes the camera sensors, hopefully thought they'll still remain good, but I agree I can't see them TV division being around much longer as Panasonic, but licensed out.

Loopthrough

Panasonic have sold their business that makes the camera sensors, hopefully thought they'll still remain good, but I agree I can't see them TV division being around much longer as Panasonic, but licensed out.
Even so, their cameras are excellent, outstanding in many areas (even when they use Sony or other people's sensors, they still bring so much expertise to the product that it's often class leading).

The one thing Panasonic has always been is extremely solid and reliable. I don't think that will ever change with a genuine Panasonic product.

Vestel already make slightly over half of the European TV lineup. Sad to see!

We wouldn't be in this predicament if we still had dumb TVs and people bought smart boxes/sticks (not that you should have to). Fact is, Japanese companies were far too slow to understand the importance of software and never had the background in computing that Chinese and South Korean companies had, which left them behind.

In the end though it's good for consumers as you can now get outstanding quality at prices unthinkable only a few years ago from all the non Japanese brands.

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
Even so, their cameras are excellent, outstanding in many areas (even when they use Sony or other people's sensors, they still bring so much expertise to the product that it's often class leading).

The one thing Panasonic has always been is extremely solid and reliable. I don't think that will ever change with a genuine Panasonic product.

Vestel already make slightly over half of the European TV lineup. Sad to see!

We wouldn't be in this predicament if we still had dumb TVs and people bought smart boxes/sticks (not that you should have to). Fact is, Japanese companies were far too slow to understand the importance of software and never had the background in computing that Chinese and South Korean companies had, which left them behind.

In the end though it's good for consumers as you can now get outstanding quality at prices unthinkable only a few years ago from all the non Japanese brands.
I own a GX80 camera, love it tbh, much nicer to use compared to the Nikon i had previous.

The day Pana have most models licensed out to Vestel will be the day we stop selling them, Any Tv below the GX800 is not worth owning, and it's hard to see sell a GX800 tbh, Sad really i as used to love Pana tv's but my current one is rubbish and has issues and it replaced one which went faulty.

KesGreen

I stream from my laptop - all the SVOD services with the ability to use a VPN, so I'm not restricted to UK services. All the other external streaming devices seem to be too limited.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Buy a Amazon 4k Firestick has Netflix, Prime, Apple TV & Disney + on it , I have found that 4K Firestick external device works better and sounds better, than tv apps
Not on my Panny DX-902B 2016 Flagship TV.

Internal apps wipes the Fire TV stick fair and square which forces HDR for SDR and adaptive completely messed the PQ

Trending threads

Top Bottom